What's enough time for a patch test? Just testing Max Sport Scalp Protector...

DarthJoking

My Regimen
Reaction score
24 hours is more than fine to rule out an allergic reaction. Allergies reactions are usually within 20 mins to a few hours.
Kind of strange how the C virus vaccine they only make you wait 15 mins for a potential allergic reaction which could happen after that time period.

DarthJoking

My Regimen
Reaction score
However skin irritation after a few days is NOT an allergic reaction.
That's the tape or glue breaking down,a build up of bacteria,sweat,dry skin getting irritated,contact dermatitis,underlying dandruff etc.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I found the right product for daily+ hold. Bold Hold Liquid Gold. I went to a beauty supply near me to get some items & Ghostbond Class, thinking maybe I'd just use one layer of that for a light hold, hoping it'd make less mess than Platinum, after a few days' use. I wasn't that interested in performing this Ghostbond test, but was feeling desperate. Then I espied the Bold Hold WATER SOLUBLE glue, & decided to take a gamle on it after a quick Google search. I was worried I'd be wasting 25$ on something you can get from the drugsture for like 5 bucks.

Tried it and was STUNNED. It behaves just like Got2B gel in how it behaves when applies, & the way it dries, so I wasn'texpecting much when I tried it on an old UTS piece.

INSANE HOLD. Took a nap etc. wearing the hair without a problem. It felt just like Ghostbond in the quality of its hold during the hrs I wore it. After a day of wearing, I jumped in the shower and started getting it wet thinking it'd fall right off. Not at all. It took quite a bit of effort to remove.

And it is water solable, altho you do need to wash your head w soap/shampoo, and clean your base w/ soap/shampoo.

Very eager to try it w French Lace! Since I absolutely cannot be active in UTS, I also may try this product w a thicker poly, like .06.

My only issue is, w lace, I'm worried about hairs being yanked thru all the time,and a thicker poly could handle the abuse of the removals.

It also doesn't feel to block your pores the way something like Ghostbond does.

DarthJoking

My Regimen
Reaction score
I found the right product for daily+ hold. Bold Hold Liquid Gold. I went to a beauty supply near me to get some items & Ghostbond Class, thinking maybe I'd just use one layer of that for a light hold, hoping it'd make less mess than Platinum, after a few days' use. I wasn't that interested in performing this Ghostbond test, but was feeling desperate. Then I espied the Bold Hold WATER SOLUBLE glue, & decided to take a gamle on it after a quick Google search. I was worried I'd be wasting 25$ on something you can get from the drugsture for like 5 bucks.

Tried it and was STUNNED. It behaves just like Got2B gel in how it behaves when applies, & the way it dries, so I wasn'texpecting much when I tried it on an old UTS piece.

INSANE HOLD. Took a nap etc. wearing the hair without a problem. It felt just like Ghostbond in the quality of its hold during the hrs I wore it. After a day of wearing, I jumped in the shower and started getting it wet thinking it'd fall right off. Not at all. It took quite a bit of effort to remove.

And it is water solable, altho you do need to wash your head w soap/shampoo, and clean your base w/ soap/shampoo.

Very eager to try it w French Lace! Since I absolutely cannot be active in UTS, I also may try this product w a thicker poly, like .06.

My only issue is, w lace, I'm worried about hairs being yanked thru all the time,and a thicker poly could handle the abuse of the removals.

It also doesn't feel to block your pores the way something like Ghostbond does.

I can't find that but Bond Hold Extreme Cream.
I read that is a stronger version of Ghost Bond Platinum.

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just tested Max Sport for over 24 hrs. No problem...But is that enough time to know if my skin has probs w it?
Max Sport is a scalp protector. It would be a shame to Walker if it´s causing allergic reactions.
For that, believe me, it is accetaple to put the glue / tape on your arm for a couple of hours. Its not neccecary to wait maybe 72 h because you won´t be able because of itching etc....

Nuntius

My Regimen
Reaction score
However skin irritation after a few days is NOT an allergic reaction.
That's the tape or glue breaking down,a build up of bacteria,sweat,dry skin getting irritated,contact dermatitis,underlying dandruff etc.
I'm interested in your comment that skin irritation after a few days may be contact dermatitis and not necessarily an allergic reaction. I've been wearing a system with tape for around a year. Just recently my scalp has become sore and red. Not unbearable to wear, but sore and with the odd feeling that it is not happy. I left it off for a few weeks and treated my scalp with some steriod cream. Unfortunately, the same thing is happening again. Sounds from what you say that this is more likely to be contact dermatits than an allergy (?) If it were the latter than I'd presumably find in inbearable to wear by now. In fact, for the most part of the day it feels fine, and it's also fine at night. Am thinking I might try a scalp protector. Though will need to let my scalp clam down first. I really want to make this work as wearing a system has been life changing, for the better, for me.