whats bad for sebhorrheic dermatitis?

twenty.five

Established Member
Reaction score
It can be. It can cause irritation that leads to SD. It happened to me but went away on its own and I still use minoxidil.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i find the worst thing for seb derm is STRESS.

when i'm under stress my scalp flares up like no other

jksl

Established Member
Reaction score
Consumption of sugar and sweets is one of the worst things you can do for seb derm. Fungus/yeasts feed on sugar.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
jksl said:
Consumption of sugar and sweets is one of the worst things you can do for seb derm. Fungus/yeasts feed on sugar.

So what are you going to do? Go on a STRICT low-carbohydrate diet?? All carbohydrates are processed into sugars (like fructose and glucose) before they're absorbed from the diet.

jksl

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
jksl said:

So what are you going to do? Go on a STRICT low-carbohydrate diet?? All carbohydrates are processed into sugars (like fructose and glucose) before they're absorbed from the diet.

Consuming sweets or adding sugar to your foods is what i am against. Why? Because unlike other sources of carbs (e.g. vegetables), sweets don't provide phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals, and all that good stuff. Sugar and sweets are not a necessary part of anyone's diet. One of the worst things you can do for seb derm is to unnecessarily feed it.

I wouldn't recommend a no-carb diet (or STRICT low-carbohydrate diet as you call it). That's just asking for health problems. I do, however, believe a low(er)-carb diet is suited for people dealing with seb derm and/or other fungal issues. An elimination of excess junk carbs (e.g. sweets) should be part of every seb derm fighting regimen.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
jksl said:
Consuming sweets or adding sugar to your foods is what i am against. Why? Because unlike other sources of carbs (e.g. vegetables), sweets don't provide phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals, and all that good stuff. Sugar and sweets are not a necessary part of anyone's diet. One of the worst things you can do for seb derm is to unnecessarily feed it.

That's a little different from what you said before. Nevertheless, when you're consuming carbohydrates, you're also "feeding" sugar and sweets. Why? Because all carbohydrates turn into sugars and sweets, when digested. If you're changing your recommendation a bit by now talking about other things that are also included in your diet (phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals), that's all well and good, but nevertheless, you're still talking about adding sugars and sweets to your diet, because that's what carbohydrates are: sugars and sweets! :)