What would you trade for getting all your hair to return?

Nichiyoubi

Reaction score
We somehow got on this subject on a different thread and it elicited some very interesting posts.

Someone cited a survey they had seen wherein a majority, or at least a meaningful number of men said they'd give up one of their fingers in order to get their hair back. Some posters chimed in saying "I'll give up a finger, put me on the list!"

Seriously, what would you be willing to give up in order to get it all back?

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You might want to remove that the off topic section, to get better coverage + more objective voices there...( here, its more like where the "Orcs" hang out...)

Nichiyoubi

Reaction score
Thanks, how do I do that Smooth? Will put it wherever it best belongs. Thought it an interesting topic that developed over on another thread.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
If I had a full head of hair, I wouldn't need my middle finger nearly as much as I do being bald so I say it is a fair trade. You can put that in your signature if you like.

GeminiX

Reaction score
As of typing I would pony up about £20k if I could get a perfect head of natal-female hair and my hairloss was how it used to be; though that would depend on my current financial situation at any given time.

s.a.f

Reaction score
My Job - Thats easily replaced.
My annual salary (or even double that!) - Could easily be re - earned just meaning a bit of extra overtime ect.
My car - Again in the longterm thats absolutley nothing.

A Toe or a pinkie finger - Yes if someone had told me at 19 that I could keep my hair for life for this sacrifice I'd do it. You lose 1 and still have 9 left it would'nt be obvious like hairloss and would'nt really effect your day to day life unless you are a professional pianist or Sprinter. Thats why nature gave us 10 digits because its not uncommon in human evolution for us to lose one.
For instance most people dont know that the actress Daryl Hannah lost her index finger as a teen but its gone totally unnoticed throughout her career, would that be the same if she'd gone bald?

What else? At the most I'd say a year off my life because not having to deal with crap and the way it makes me feel would be such a huge benifit to my confidence and make a massive improvement to my way of feeling that it would be worth it to be able to live a fuller life.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i can go on with one kidney .. m... even with one testicle i guess. a liver?! :dunno:

cuebald

Reaction score
Hell, I'd trade a testicle if it meant keeping my hair. One is enough, right?

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
trading years of your life has a monetary value, youre decreasing your earning potential.

for me it'd be 5 years, no more, to me that is a very very expensive trade.

Nichiyoubi

Reaction score
I'd say I'd shell out about 20k but only if it came with a time machine that could transport me back to my early 20's when I was the most upset about it. I would then look carefully to see if my life turns out any differently than it has. If I end up becoming the new lead singer for Van Halen then I will owe all you folks a huge apology! Just kidding.

I would also want a FF button like in the moving Click to get past a lot of crap like car accidents, illnesses, and my first boss that mother. I'd pay extra for that.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Sorry but this thread is pointless (get the pun?) because it is an impossible hypothetical.

Nichiyoubi

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Sorry but this thread is pointless (get the pun?) because it is an impossible hypothetical.

Growing our hair back might be an impossible hypothetical, but evidently not so pointless. And I'm not trying to needle your thread.