What would you do?

slipy

Reaction score
Dude come on I'm sure you're no uglier because of your hairloss, and I'm young too I'm just 21 and losing my hair so I do know where your coming from, but society in general doesn't think that it's just the conceited people

This is where you lost all credibility, if you ever had any in the first place (probably not). Anyone who isn't blind or completely in denial should at least admit that balding and baldness is usually detrimental to ones appearence to some degree at the very least. it's not about being negative, it's about being reasonably realistic.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is where you lost all credibility, if you ever had any in the first place (probably not). Anyone who isn't blind or completely in denial should at least admit that balding and baldness is usually detrimental to ones appearence to some degree at the very least. it's not about being negative, it's about being reasonably realistic.
haha yep. i was gonna tear him apart on this point, but i was like "nahh, i'll leave that job to some other poster haha

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude come on I'm sure you're no uglier because of your hairloss, and I'm young too I'm just 21 and losing my hair so I do know where your coming from, but society in general doesn't think that it's just the conceited people

I can say 100% my looks have died when I my hair got bad. I look AWFUL with a shaved head. I always look like I half combed my hair because its shuffled around everywhere. If I cut it short enough to actually style then you can literally see the loss to NW5+
My looks are **** now.
It kills someone like me who works so hard at being fit to have the most important part of the body turn on you and you cant help it. Yes Ive tried finasteride but get awful sides from it.

Aside a hair transplant there isnt much I can do. I recently read Jo Rogan got THREE hair transplant's and finally had to shave it was still so bad. This has seriously made me question whether I shoudl do it.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
Joe Rogan tweets after hair transplant fail: LOL!

Quote:
I tapped out to hair loss.

Quote:
I shouldn't say I tapped, because the reality is that I cheated by getting a hair transplant, and now I have a scar vagina smile of shame.

Quote:

Hair transplants are the dumbest thing I've ever done. It's like taking healthy people and moving them where everyone is dying

maher

Banned
Reaction score
He didn't do his homework, was not informed enough, chose a crappy surgeon who did a terrible job and now he regrets it. Let's not make the same mistakes.

he was also on steroids, using Human Growth Hormone / Hormone Replacement Therapy and Testorone. ****ed up.

amigoingbald

Established Member
Reaction score
I can say 100% my looks have died when I my hair got bad. I look AWFUL with a shaved head. I always look like I half combed my hair because its shuffled around everywhere. If I cut it short enough to actually style then you can literally see the loss to NW5+
My looks are **** now.
It kills someone like me who works so hard at being fit to have the most important part of the body turn on you and you cant help it. Yes Ive tried finasteride but get awful sides from it.

Aside a hair transplant there isnt much I can do. I recently read Jo Rogan got THREE hair transplant's and finally had to shave it was still so bad. This has seriously made me question whether I shoudl do it.
Shave it with no guard see how it looks

resu

Reaction score
Shaved head is a too extreme look, it completely died off in my country, everyone just buzzes it to a #1 or no guard or the ones with hair do the pompadour style, the whiter your skin the harder it is to pull the shaved look.

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
The list of things I would do could be done by me anyway, theyd just be alot more succesful with hair lol.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shave it with no guard see how it looks

thats what I used to do.
Look at my pics.
I have a very long face, italian nose, and my eyes are very close together. Makes me look like I have this small island of face with a giant tree in an endless head ocean.

Remember your as good as you feel, I dont feel I look good that way. I get ZERO attention from woman unless Im SUPER dressed up to go out or wearing NO SHIRT, both of which I cant just walk around 24/7 willy nilly all day. If they see my body then great but seriously how often is that going to happen and also there is always a guy with hair and a nice body as well.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
thats what I used to do.
Look at my pics.
I have a very long face, italian nose, and my eyes are very close together. Makes me look like I have this small island of face with a giant tree in and island of endless head ocean.

Remember your as good as you feel, I dont feel I look good that way. I get ZERO attention from woman unless Im SUPER dressed up to go out or wearing NO SHIRT, both of which I cant just walk around 24/7 willy nilly all day. If they see my body then great but seriously how often is that going to happen and also there is always a guy with hair and a nice body as well.
if it makes you feel any better, even after taking propecia and rogaine for a year i still have a diffusing nw6. not to mention im 120 pounds and 5 foot 6.

on top of being a 20 year old virgin, ive never had a job or a girlfriend. my confidence has been negative for so long that i dont even feel like i have low confidence anymore haha. im just used to it now 0_0

ah well, ill prolly stay a virgin until like 25, lose my virginity to a prostitute and then consider suicide but pussy out. idk, maybe pull a dennis rodman and go insane.

holy ****ing hell reading this is just a jolt of reality . . . . i dont see how im ever gonna get a girlfriend thats not a huge disgusting whale or complete wh*** 8O8O8O

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Exodus, do you go out and meet women? Or are you feeling too low to do that? Bloody hell man, sorry you're feeling like this *man hugs*

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
if it makes you feel any better, even after taking propecia and rogaine for a year i still have a diffusing nw6. not to mention im 120 pounds and 5 foot 6.

on top of being a 20 year old virgin, ive never had a job or a girlfriend. my confidence has been negative for so long that i dont even feel like i have low confidence anymore haha. im just used to it now 0_0

ah well, ill prolly stay a virgin until like 25, lose my virginity to a prostitute and then consider suicide but pussy out. idk, maybe pull a dennis rodman and go insane.

holy ****ing hell reading this is just a jolt of reality . . . . i dont see how im ever gonna get a girlfriend thats not a huge disgusting whale or complete wh*** 8O8O8O

Nothing wrong with a little "paid vacation" so to say... wink wink nudge nudge.

Actually my buddy is the same height as you and actually has a beautiful wife, hes losing a bit of hair but not awful. She is about an inch shorter than him. Funny thing is the ONLY reason he met her is because her and her friend paid "my" way into a club one night because they thought I was hot.
I actually wanted her but he thought it was love at first site and knew I wasnt going to stick with it. Hey they're married now.
Thing is I have ZERO desire to be married which cuts my chances at finding a partner very slim if I dont keep my looks or become a millionaire.
Seriously go try a prostitute, get it out of you. Sometimes that itself could be a confidence boost. Wear a rubber of course. To someone with my world views there is no shame in that, just good "clean" (shaking hand and making that mehhhhhhhhhh noise) fun.
Go out with your buddies a few times, pref the ones who are a little worse looking than yourself lol.
Honestly its hard to give advice to meet girls because its such a crap shoot. I was always lucky because I had good looks, a good wit, and was really humble about everything. Also really driven. BUT I DO NOT want kids or marriage.
If you want those things then its a bit easier to keep a long term once you get one.
Join a hobby group for your interest (whatever those are, musician, writing, charities, etc) and find a girl that way I guess.

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score

Hey don't feel so bad about the virginity thing. Society makes it so you "have" to lose it before 18 ("cooler" the sooner though), but try to not let this get to you. Being a virgin or not does not define who you are, no one can actually SEE you are a virgin anyway (as opposed to hair loss...) I can tell you this; I lost my v card at the age of 15 to a guy 4 years older than me which I was completely in love with of course. But he didn't love me, and I was naive, young and made the same mistake thousands of teenagers do; I gave it up to someone who just dumped me when he got what he wanted. Also, aside from not technically being a virgin anymore I didn't FEEL any different, just like before really. Except for that I felt used and heartbroken but I didn't feel more of a woman than before and I doubt you'll feel more of a man either. It's more that you feel ashamed of being a virgin, right? Just have hope that one day you'll meet a woman who likes you for you and not the exterior. Hope this makes you feel better :)

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

Maybe you'll turn out like me Exodus :shock:

- - - Updated - - -

...If you woke up tomorrow with a full head of hair again? What is the first thing you'd do?

I'd still be in chronic pain from an unrelated medical condition, have several other things wrong with my appearance, still be poor; so it would be nice to have hair, but life would still suck.

slipy

Reaction score
I'd still be in chronic pain from an unrelated medical condition, have several other things wrong with my appearance, still be poor; so it would be nice to have hair, but life would still suck.

im no stranger to chronic illnesess, lately i've been dealing with my problems more successfully than before and im no longer in pain most of the time but despite this im somewhat even more depressed now. cuz not being in pain gives me more energy to think about male pattern baldness and makes me realize that even if your health is at an acceptable level you're not able to appreciate and enjoy it when you're dehumanized by this curse.

if that makes any sense.