What would you do?

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
...If you woke up tomorrow with a full head of hair again? What is the first thing you'd do?

I think I'd run (yelling hallelujah) right to the store, buy some hair dye and run back, jump in the shower and dye my hair and use REGULAR shampoo instead of Nizoral or baby shampoo and get out without applying minoxidil! The next day (or same day, whatever), I would go to the hair dresser for the first time in 2 years and treat myself a real haircut and maybe some extensions (I'm female), then I'd use my savings and buy lots of good hair dresser shampoos and conditioners, some styling wands and other hair accessories, maybe a new outfit - then I'd go home and get ready for partying (even if it was in the middle of the week) feeling amazing about my hair for the first time in 2 years!!! I would bring 2 guys (at least) home with me for some after partying and I'd let them pull my hair all the want instead of protecting my head from any touch like I do nowadays. But first I'd vorspiel throwing darts at the Norwood scale (before burning it, along with all my minoxidil, and hair pills, and Nizoral). The morning after I'd delete my profile on HairLossTalk.com and never return again, living life like a mofo.

If only... :love:

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
hhahahah . . . . . sounds nice! you dont think the time you spent with hair loss wud affect the way you felt tho? 0_0

as for me, il come back to you on it ha

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
hhahahah . . . . . sounds nice! you dont think the time you spent with hair loss wud affect the way you felt tho? 0_0

Yes, yes. Absolutely. If I woke up tomorrow and had all of my hair back, and got to keep it, I think I would never complain about anything in my life. Back when I still prayed to God about my hair (given up on that now), I promised I would never ever complain again if only I got my hair back. And that is something I stand by. Life throws a lot of crap on ya, but with a full head of hair I believe I could tackle all :)

resu

Reaction score
I sometimes dream that I have a full head of hair while looking in the mirror and think "why was I ever worried that I was going bald?" and experience extreme joy, of course when I wake up and face reality it's harder on my mood.

slipy

Reaction score
feel alive is what i would do. haven't been able to since this started. then i'd grow long rockstar hair (proper rock starhair not the long combover im sporting now) and never cut it short again.

9tfrizzco

Established Member
Reaction score
get a really loud and obnoxious hairstyle. something with the sides and back completely shaved to emphasize my volume on top. in fact, i'd strictly only let it grow across the nw7 area and never cut it just to say a big **** you to male pattern baldness, even if it would look stupid as hell.

plz come back hair ;(

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
feel alive is what i would do. haven't been able to since this started.

Yeah I agree on that one. I don't think people understand what hair loss can do to you. After all, it's only hair, right? Not some deadly disease or condition that will cripple you physically? However the people who say those things usually have full heads of hair. In my opinion male pattern baldness is one of the most cruel things life can throw at you, cause it destroys you bit by bit until you're dead inside. The worst part is there's no cure, and at best treatments can prolong the inevitable. It's like being tortured slowly for life, with no way out. male pattern baldness feels like a lifelong prison that just sucks the life out of you. In addition to this, we can't even complain without being called vain, or people saying that there's worse things in life.

- - - Updated - - -

get a really loud and obnoxious hairstyle. something with the sides and back completely shaved to emphasize my volume on top. in fact, i'd strictly only let it grow across the nw7 area and never cut it just to say a big **** you to male pattern baldness, even if it would look stupid as hell.

plz come back hair ;(

Haha that is funny. I think I would wear a NW7 bald cap for halloween, to mock male pattern baldness. And it would feel damn amazing to remove it at the end of the night, with a full head of luscious hair underneath...

XXXXXXX

Banned
Reaction score
Phuck its so sad to see how many of us are held back because of this.

The only thing stopping us from living the good life is hair. :sobbing:

amigoingbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Phuck its so sad to see how many of us are held back because of this.

The only thing stopping us from living the good life is hair. :sobbing:
Whatever your hair is holding you back on from what u consider "the good life " don't let it , go do all those things and go live the good life that you want to live lol, your only gonna be here once make it count

XXXXXXX

Banned
Reaction score
go live the good life that you want to live

I want that life where I have hair :uglylol:

It's not going to stop be or anything but damn, I never thought hair could make such a difference to someone's life.

It's such an impact because your hair has been with you everywhere you've gone and through everything you've done.

It feels like you're losing a part of yourself and all the good memories you once had.

amigoingbald

Established Member
Reaction score
This is probably my tenth time wring this I didn't know it was on here the other nine times already but basically I was saying xxxx is hair isn't a part of you it's just something that you had before, more of a style it doesn't define you or who you want to be

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
This is probably my tenth time wring this I didn't know it was on here the other nine times already but basically I was saying xxxx is hair isn't a part of you it's just something that you had before, more of a style it doesn't define you or who you want to be

Hair IS a part of you. Good for you if you see the positivity in this, but a lot of us really feel like we are losing our identity. Especially when hair loss hits you in your very youth, you are forced to watch yourself go from young and free to looking a lot older than your age and scared. For me hair does define me, I agree it is because I let it, and trust me if it was easy for me to let it go and move on I would've done so a long time ago. But it isn't easy, in fact I see at as nearly impossible.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i would trim some hair and masterbate with it.

amigoingbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Once again, this amigoingbald guy, this guy who nearly has a full head of hair should I add, does not understand what we're going through.

It does not work that way. Losing your hair makes you lose your confidence, you can't just look past what you see in the mirror. And what do I see? I see a pale skinny guy with a very high forehead and less than 500 hairs on the top of his head. If I don't shave my head close every week, I just look sick with my sides very thick and the top that is a mess. You can't just sweep that under the carpet and pretend you don't see your own... decline.

You look older, you look sicker, you even look meaner if you chose to buzz your hair like me. The majority of the opposite sex don't like it and there is no discussion around that. Balding is and will always be associated with ugliness, like being fat and pimples are. It's even worse if you are a young 24 years old kid like me. People will ask you why you don't have hair, yes it does happen to me. Or they will just laugh at you, because you know, you have no hair haha, how fun!

I often read that our problem is that we don't live in reality, we are the ones that let hair loss get the better of us. I think it's just the opposite, we are too much realistic and aware that hair matters a lot. We have a good sense of aesthetic and we see the reality as it is: we're becoming uglier because of our hair loss, we are losing our value, be it on the dating scene or to the eyes of society.
Dude come on I'm sure you're no uglier because of your hairloss, and I'm young too I'm just 21 and losing my hair so I do know where your coming from, but society in general doesn't think that it's just the conceited people

- - - Updated - - -

i would trim some hair and masterbate with it.
Hahahaha!