what would you do?

onthegas

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Recently I have noticed what I seem to think is more hair shedding in the shower and throughout the day than normal. To make a long story short, I asked my Doctor about it and he recommended I take propecia.

I have been on propecia for less than a week and I have already noticed brain fog. I feel that my cognitive ability is on par with that of myself when i have a sinus infection(not good!). This is definitely a something that i cannot live with.

So my question is: Do you think the side effect will go away if I stick with the drug for a little while?

If it is clear thinking or baldness, I'd pick baldness any day. Just wondering if someone else has dealt with this situation.

Thanks!

Moony

Reaction score
I never got any side effects, but from what I heard most of them go away pretty quick. I'd stick with it a few more weeks and if it doesn't go away then drop it.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Brain fog is a very rare side effect. Most people that get sexual sides still don't get brain fog.

I'd just keep on if I were you. With such a rare side effect it might all be in your head. Try eating healthy and drinking plenty of water + regular sleep, it might just be what you've been doing recently.

TShaff

Reaction score
Brian fog SUCKS. I disagree that its more rare then the sexual side effects. I just think people don't realize their being clouded by the finasteride. You forget where you parked your car and you think you're having an "off day". But once simple words aren't coming to mind in everyday conversation, that's when you should know its more than just lack of sleep. Once I finally attributed my brain fog to the pills I got off them right away. I had taken them for 3 years and within 2 weeks of stopping I noticed a huge difference. Since then, I've stayed away from minoxidil and finasteride and although my hair isn't regrowing, I've noticed it has a much better texture and volume. Also I'm having a much easier time having conversations and doing everyday tasks. I used to stop in the middle of the train station confused as to which train I was supposed to take. It was embarrassing and I had to regroup in the bathroom or sit down and get my head straight. Also I was ready for bed at like 8pm, I'm 30 yrs old not 80! Screw my hair, its not worth it IMO.