What would you do.....

rkim

Established Member
Reaction score
I need some advise on when it's time to quit. Any input would be appreciated. Also any info on your experience with lowering dosage would be helpful.

I started finasteride 1mg Sept 10th '05. Had sexual sides and breast pain/swelling.

Cut down to 0.5 on Dec. 30th '05. Sides persisted. Had a test done Jan 26th. DHT was at 18. Doctor said to quit.

Cut to 0.25 on Feb. 22th '06. Sides persisted.

Cut to .125 Mar. 3rd '06. Sides are still here.

I know the latest .125 decrease was fairly recent but I should feel at least a little better by now. Especially since the cut to .25 was 3 weeks ago. Not to mention the first .5 being 2.5 months ago. It not only hasn't improved but I feel as though it's gotten worse (The ED that is. The breast pain has improved a bit. Though, they strike together in waves).

How long would you stick it out? Keep in mind it's at an unacceptable level. The only thing keeping me on is the possibility of the last decrease helping significantly.

Thanks for any input guys.

Steve4263

Established Member
Reaction score
If your doctor said to quit then you should quit. Try Dutasteride. If sides then quit that as well. spironolactone 5% might help.