What would you do at my place?

tomas99

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I would like to know your opinion. I am on IH natural regimen which is only way I am willing to follow as other regimens does not promise reversing or completely stopping hair loss. I dont want to argue about this, this is just a fact. Only that could bring me some kind of peace and comfort.

Right now, I am little bit ill. I have one bacteria which messed up my hormones and it seems till I get rid of that bacteria, nothing will help me. This bacteria is hard to kill, like Steven Segal in the same movie.

I have lost something at temples in first few months in the last year, also had continuous Telogen Effluvium, which means I have lost about 1/3 - 1/2 density mainly on TOP of the head, but also all over the head.

Facts:

+ I still have great amount of hair and I am not receeded too much, like Norwood 2 mostly. If I am right, after I get rid of that bacteria, hormones will change and density will return to normal. Perhaps my receeding will also stop on itself as hormones will stabilize.

- All this waiting and especially my new super-healthy diet is really consuming me. I am at situation where nothing can help cause if you are ill and that destabilize your hormones, you can do nothing but wait. That is stressful and food that helps me to overcome such stress.

So I can:

1) Keep at this way for few next months, lets say till the end of the year. That will be time when I will probably be healthy and bacteria free and also long enough to know if I can recover and stop my hairloss. 2) Forget all regimens for now and once I am healthy (in few months) consider if it is worth to treat it.

3) Stopping all regimens and simply accepting that it happened and forget anything about look with great thick dark hair.

What would you suggest me to do? The problem is that there is still possibility that it was really Telogen Effluvium and if my hormones are balanced again, I can regrowth hair after Telogen Effluvium, I can stop temple recession and have still very nice hair even with extensive regrowth.

On the other hand, I would like to forget about everything of this kind and only do and mainly eat what I want. However, this way I must say good bye to certain things like good look and possibility to attract people and accept that I will have buzz cut or shaved head for the rest of my life.

Second one means some kind of freedom but also acceptance of certain things.

First one means the same with some possibility of things getting OK. However but I must overcome hard period (last months were difficult but it is too much now) like thinking about it all the time (it is really consuming me) and strong craving for certain type of food. However, hairline and hair I have now is still really worth of keeping it if it recovers after Telogen Effluvium.

What would you do? Please do not judge regimen, just situation.

antonio666

Reaction score
i think you are being naive,thinking that you can stop this without propecia or avodart,sure they are not brilliant but they are better than nothing.That said i hope that you prove me wrong and stop your hairloss

good luck

tomas99

Established Member
Reaction score
Its not the point of this treat.

Anyway, yes it is better to be on Propecia than anything, but I would rather be bald than checking my hair in the mirror everyday and thinking how long it will hold my hair. It is not solution for me and it is not life I want - I will rather accept it than going through this. These medications have their own limites.

Btw. I do not think that only diet can save my hair, I eat about 30 pills (extracts) per day.

antonio666

Reaction score
tomas99 said:

Anyway, yes it is better, but I would rather be bald than checking my hair in the mirror everyday and thinking how long it will hold my hair. It is not solution for better and more quality life.

i understand that ,i wake up and the first thig i do is check my hair and i have butterflys in my stomach,this is every day and is torture

so on 1 level you are 100 % correct

tomas99

Established Member
Reaction score
antonio666 said:
tomas99 said:

Anyway, yes it is better, but I would rather be bald than checking my hair in the mirror everyday and thinking how long it will hold my hair. It is not solution for better and more quality life.

i understand that ,i wake up and the first thig i do is check my hair and i have butterflys in my stomach,this is every day and is torture

Yes, I definitely dont want this one way or another.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Tomas,

In my opinion, if you obviously don't care enough to follow an *approved* regimen (finasteride, minoxidil, nizoral, dutasteride) with all its ups and downs that it may bring then I think you already answered your question.

I didn't understand exactly what your plan is, but if I got it correctly, you will either 1) Keep the regimen, 2) Wait until you recover, and then start the regimen or 3) Just forget about hairloss and get on with your life doing and eating what you like.

I think you are better suited than most of us here to just deal with the situation (hairloss) specially since you said you don't care to be on finasteride. So I would say to keep the natural regimen for a few months (at least 6 months) decide if you have lost ground and then if you have, just quit and get on with your life. If by some chance you do maintain, then just keep taking the stuff, no harm with that. Good luck

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Manutd4545 said:
Anyway, yes it is better to be on Propecia than anything, but I would rather be bald than checking my hair in the mirror everyday and thinking how long it will hold my hair. It is not solution for me and it is not life I want - I will rather accept it than going through this. These medications have their own limites.

Btw. I do not think that only diet can save my hair, I eat about 30 pills (extracts) per day.

If you dont get on minoxidil and finasteride/dutasteride say goodbye to your hair- FACT.

Its cruel but true.

Without finasteride and minoxidil, one doesn't have a chance against male pattern baldness.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
tomas99 said:
antonio666 said:
tomas99 said:

Yes, I definitely dont want this one way or another.
i actually like waking up , taking a shower and checking/styling my hair every day.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
gah i wake up and smile because of the progress I have made.

Granted I am still bald looking .. it is sooo much better looking then when i started.

I'm just grateful that it hasn't gotten worse... I'm estatic that I grew some more back.

I'm not at the level that i was before when i was at my best. It seems that shed i had kinda stuck. But its still 100% better then when i started.

I'll do my year update in a few months. I'm debating this needling thing :)

to the OP: You either continue the proven methods or you don't and gamble your hair. Suck it up and be a man.