What Will You Do If/when Finasteride/dutasteride Stop Working?

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know some guys didn't respond at all, but for those who did, who are currently maintaining, what do you plan on doing if/when this happens?

Especially guys who've had a hair transplant and are relying on finasteride hair not to looks weird.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would probably give RU a shot. Depending how old I am, I might just go with a low density hair transplant and SMP then move on.

tomcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
maybe shave it off... currently kicking my *** in gym to get buff and trying to not be a that skinny bald guy...sry for my english

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
lock in the room with big screen with live notifications about Tsuji ofc

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
dante are you still on propecia ? because me, despite Ed and first stage of gyno i am still taking it . Because i know i would be worse

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Try out experimentals (RU and such)

Get a realistic transplant when I hit NW3+, make sure at the least I have a modest hairline and enough crown hair to create a decent head of hair with concealer

Absolute worst case scenario: #1 buzz while there's still anything there, grow the stubble, get more tatted and ripped

I don't think I could live wig life, although I might be tempted to try it out

shookwun

Reaction score
Miniaturization mapping, and utilizing donor that's appropriate to your final norwood is the best we can strive towards when it comes to transplanting strategically. Medication, norwood pattern, and donor potential can give us a decent indicator of what we can achieve with our grafts.

For those with advanced norwoods, a slightly recessed hairline followed by keeping it at it's native or slightly higher level is needed to properly maximize graft usage.

I believe one of the most important factors towards hair restoration is maintaining a solid crown. If that crown goes, your aesthetics go out the door shortly after. People who have crown loss are generally not good candidates depending on the donor capacity, this area requires an aggressive amount of grafts to give proper coverage. At this point, when the hair loss advances forward most people don't have enough to dense pack the posterior and hairline area.

Maintaining donor area, and your entire hair through medication is the most important step.

wearing a prosthesis in 2017 is always an option:D

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
do you know where you can do a miniaturizing mapping test outside of the US ?
I live in france , and i thought about going to dr rassman office to do a miniaturiatin mapping to see if propecia at least maitained my crown .
But if there is a surgeaon who do this in france or UK taht wold be perfect

shookwun

Reaction score
do you know where you can do a miniaturizing mapping test outside of the US ?
I live in france , and i thought about going to dr rassman office to do a miniaturiatin mapping to see if propecia at least maitained my crown .
But if there is a surgeaon who do this in france or UK taht wold be perfect
If you cannot set a professional then shaving your head is your best alternative. this will show your pattern like no tomorrow.

if that's out of the equation then wetting the hair will give you a general idea where your norwood is heading. all though a year from now that could all change.

\I am sitting at a NW5 thinning: terminal hair.

grown out hair is a way to cope, it gives the illusion of coverage. most people dont know how sh*t there hair actually is untill they shave it. a lot of people think they are nw3s based on there visible baldness, but when they shave they see a visible horseshoe

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i did some buzzcut when i was 1 year in propecia , and it looked quite good . But since february 2016 my whole hair got worse really fast .
I would like a professional miniaturization mapping , to plan for the future . Unfortunaately in france all surgeon are jokes , just want your money .

g.i joey

Reaction score
I don't think I could live wig life, although I might be tempted to try it out

I'd take wig life over toppik prisoner any day man, so many more exposing factors with toppik imo. Sex seems like a chore with toppik on, forget swimming, forget sweating for gods sake (from what I hear of others)

Ultimately I don't plan to use either but if I had to I'd prob just go light stubble with SMP and be done with it. Just to get that facial frame

shookwun

Reaction score
I'd take wig life over toppik prisoner any day man, so many more exposing factors with toppik imo. Sex seems like a chore with toppik on, forget swimming, forget sweating for gods sake (from what I hear of others)

Ultimately I don't plan to use either but if I had to I'd prob just go light stubble with SMP and be done with it. Just to get that facial frame
forget having sex, and doing all those activities with a wig.

They are both sh*t alternatives, but I would say SMP is a better alternative if we takr into consideration freedom, and the ability to do whatever you want without restrictions. (cross that, need sun screen while you go outdoors :D)

the ideal approach would be medication, and hair transplants

Janekoman12

Established Member
Reaction score
Thats why i wait with minoxidil untill My hairloss progress to a norwood 2.2-3 and still on finasteride untill it does zero dont know if it has even Done anything under My 1.5 year on it

Janekoman12

Established Member
Reaction score
You Can buzzcut it semi short and use beard dye My friend who is really close to me does it once a week he dyes scalp with it looks natrual And good Norwood 2.5 to a 0.5 in 1 minut