What unwanted effects have you experienced while on finasteride?

What unwanted effects have you experienced while taking finasteride or dutasteride?

• Gynecomastia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mental health changes

• Other (please describe)

• None

• Total voters

Subliminal

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I'm considering a systemic DHT inhibitor (finasteride or duta) to see if I can reverse the 2-3 milimeters of temple hairline recession I've developed over the past 6 years. Xandrox 5% isn't helping much.

I'm weighing the risks vs. rewards. Crown hairloss doesn't run in my family, so I'm obviously not in desperation mode. But I just want to survey real world users.

I know it'll be somewhat biased, since those who are experiencing no sides probably aren't hanging out on this forum. But, what the heck.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
Why do you care aboput 2-3 mm? That's like 4-5 follicles deep.

I wouldn't get on finasteride if I were you unless you are seeing recession and thinning occuring at a noticeable rate. Take some pics now and again in 3 and six months and see where you are at.

But to answer your question I can't really choose an option other than Other. I had mild erection issues for a couple of weeks and then everything went back to normal. I think your poll has too many loaded questions. When people start out on treatments they can be in vastly different states of mind and gaining some weight, etc can happen do to that and not the treatment.