What Type Of Solution Are Hairpieces?

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you consider wearing hair a long term solution? If so how long have you been wearing? How long do you plan to?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you consider wearing hair a long term solution? If so how long have you been wearing? How long do you plan to?

I think hair systems (partial ones anyway) will be a long term solution for me, especially as a guy with longer hair. The bald shaved head look doesn't suit me (though it can look great on some guys, don't get me wrong). I have considered trying to regrow my real hair where it was thinning, but again there is the issue that I have longer hair, and the time and hassle of trying to grow it back (as well as keeping it and managing it).

I've also been thinking lately that hair systems can actually look better than your real hair. I mean for most people, their natural hair gets thinner, weaker and more straggly as they get older, so if you want awesome looking, glossy, rock star/movie star/celebrity quality hair all your life, then I personally feel a hair system/partial hair system is your best bet. Heck, most famous people who you think of who have great hair are probably using hair systems anyway, but they just don't talk publicly about it. But I suppose it depends on the individual person, what hairstyle they want, etc.

I have been using hair systems for about 3 weeks so I'm still quite new to this game, but I'm gradually getting the hang of it all. As for how long I plan to use hair systems - probably all my life as long as I have the money for them (and I do), or until I get so old that I just don't care about hair anymore.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think hair systems (partial ones anyway) will be a long term solution for me, especially as a guy with longer hair. The bald shaved head look doesn't suit me (though it can look great on some guys, don't get me wrong). I have considered trying to regrow my real hair where it was thinning, but again there is the issue that I have longer hair, and the time and hassle of trying to grow it back (as well as keeping it and managing it).

I've also been thinking lately that hair systems can actually look better than your real hair. I mean for most people, their natural hair gets thinner, weaker and more straggly as they get older, so if you want awesome looking, glossy, rock star/movie star/celebrity quality hair all your life, then I personally feel a hair system/partial hair system is your best bet. Heck, most famous people who you think of who have great hair are probably using hair systems anyway, but they just don't talk publicly about it. But I suppose it depends on the individual person, what hairstyle they want, etc.

I have been using hair systems for about 3 weeks so I'm still quite new to this game, but I'm gradually getting the hang of it all. As for how long I plan to use hair systems - probably all my life as long as I have the money for them (and I do), or until I get so old that I just don't care about hair anymore.
How long have you been wearing?

kyuss

My Regimen
Reaction score

Hair systems are the only guaranteed way to get the full head of hair you always wanted. I have completely given up on the medical community finding an easy cure for baldness in my lifetime. It would be nice, but realistically it's not going to happen.

I have been wearing for just over a year now and see no reason why I would ever stop in the future. Hair systems are absolutely a long term solution for me. It's a simple routine once you get used to it

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would still be shaving my head had I not decided to wear a hair system. The other options, are just not options for me.

Now that I am in the business, it would be odd for me to great a client with a totally smooth dome!

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess I'm wondering is there any time frame that goes with this. I think its pretty clear once you start wearing your locked in. Unless your willing to go through the big shock of everyone seeing you without on. Do people just wear forever?

Noah

Reaction score
If you are not open about wearing, and you don’t want people to know that you used to wear, just shave the whole lot off when you remove your piece. You will probably look better anyway than sporting the horseshoe of hair. You have to keep it well shaved, at least for a few months, otherwise very observant people will spot that your area of stubble is a lot smaller than the coverage from your hairpiece, but after a few months the novelty will have worn off and you can relax about that.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are not open about wearing, and you don’t want people to know that you used to wear, just shave the whole lot off when you remove your piece. You will probably look better anyway than sporting the horseshoe of hair. You have to keep it well shaved, at least for a few months, otherwise very observant people will spot that your area of stubble is a lot smaller than the coverage from your hairpiece, but after a few months the novelty will have worn off and you can relax about that.
My main concern is my employment, I started with hair, I am being paid to represent the company with a certain image, I would guess just showing up with a shaved head would be frowned upon. I have thought about dermmatch or fibers. The piece has worked well over time but can you really wear them forever?

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd consider SMP , if I was ever to give up the system and shave my head.

I wouldn't consider a hair transplant, seen too many failures and the results are at best modest, never great.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd consider SMP , if I was ever to give up the system and shave my head.

I wouldn't consider a hair transplant, seen too many failures and the results are at best modest, never great.
I'm sorry what is smp?

Noah

Reaction score
SMP is basically a hair tattoo.

I'm not clear why you think you couldn't wear a hair system as long as you want. What do you think might stop you doing so?

I am not sure I can really think that far ahead, but I enjoy having hair, I very much didn't enjoy not having hair, and I rather think I will continue wearing as long as I am compos mentis enough to be able to keep buying them and putting them on straight.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I'm not clear why you think you couldn't wear a hair system as long as you want. What do you think might stop you doing so?

I am not sure I can really think that far ahead, but I enjoy having hair, I very much didn't enjoy not having hair, and I rather think I will continue wearing as long as I am compos mentis enough to be able to keep buying them and putting them on straight.
I guess it's a mental thing for me, as I'm getting older. The whole fact that I have been doing this without thought just to buy time with hair. I'm not sure if this was ment to be a permanent solution or not...I think its self realization...I'm sure you have seen our thread on health risks, although I did switch to goast bond and feel a little better about it. But does there reach a point when this becomes not a forever solution? I know it's hard to understand this thought process but I went years not thinking about it, hell after a while i would look in the mirror and the concept of it not being my own hair was not even entering my mind. You just get so used to it. My biggest curiosity is if everyone considers this short term or long term, when I first started, it was fantastic and I considered it problem solved.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score

Agreed. For me this is a long-term solution. I don't think anyone got into it for the interim.

We may have to adjust from time to time.... Such as possible temporal implants should they receed too much and make the system look too unnatural. But as for a full transplant, I passed..... And the system is here to stay.

As for business, they care more about results than your looks.

Oh and scalp micropigmentation I've seen it a handful of times and it looks absolutely atrocious. It doesn't mimic hair at all. Even razor shaved heads with hair below the dermis have a look of texture to them... as light does not reflect off where the hair is at the surface as stubble or razor shaven. It looks like exactly what it is... a bunch of little dots tattooed on your head.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Agreed. For me this is a long-term solution. I don't think anyone got into it for the interim.

We may have to adjust from time to time.... Such as possible temporal implants should they receed too much and make the system look too unnatural. But as for a full transplant, I passed..... And the system is here to stay.

As for business, they care more about results than your looks.

Oh and scalp micropigmentation I've seen it a handful of times and it looks absolutely atrocious. It doesn't mimic hair at all. Even razor shaved heads with hair below the dermis have a look of texture to them... as light does not reflect off where the hair is at the surface as stubble or razor shaven. It looks like exactly what it is... a bunch of little dots tattooed on your head.
Yeah, your right your locked into it from the start basically, believe or not my employment hinges on it. I strongly believe that my employer would force me out if I took it off. I'm ready to find new work because of it. Dont get me wrong it has been a good solution to hair loss. I have never had my looks questioned by doing this. As I told Noah in a previous post, I look in the mirror believing this is my own hair over the years and I guess the question of how long can i keep this up hit me. I know you guys are newer to this than i am, so i hope you understand where i am coming from. When i started this i never thought i may have to not do this some day, now that realization is hitting me for a few reasons. 1. Is our now legendary health thread. 2. Being dependent on something like this and 3. Is i guess the fact that it's not real. I know the response of shave your head or do something else will be obvious solutions but are not options at least for a while. So i am still locked into this.

Leduc

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, your right your locked into it from the start basically, believe or not my employment hinges on it. I strongly believe that my employer would force me out if I took it off. I'm ready to find new work because of it. Dont get me wrong it has been a good solution to hair loss. I have never had my looks questioned by doing this. As I told Noah in a previous post, I look in the mirror believing this is my own hair over the years and I guess the question of how long can i keep this up hit me. I know you guys are newer to this than i am, so i hope you understand where i am coming from. When i started this i never thought i may have to not do this some day, now that realization is hitting me for a few reasons. 1. Is our now legendary health thread. 2. Being dependent on something like this and 3. Is i guess the fact that it's not real. I know the response of shave your head or do something else will be obvious solutions but are not options at least for a while. So i am still locked into this.

Sounds like a difficult decision for you. How long have you been wearing hair systems?