What to use?

LostWind

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I still have full head of hair...
but its falling, so I would like to get something that would actually fight it...
anyone has an idea what is the best and safest thing to use?

Thanks...
I am in Canada..

The Gardener

Reaction score
If your hair loss is not pattern baldness, then your hair will recover with time.

Pay attention to your nutrition, and if you have any scalp irritation or itch associated with the shedding, then perhaps try some Nizoral 1%.

Goingat20

Reaction score
if you can post pics so you can get the best advise

LostWind

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Well her I will show first my pics when I am 3 and 7

and then followed by now...if u see forhead is the same shape size...but my hair is just falling easy for aslong as i can remember

1043ev9.jpg

1043fy9.jpg

1043i37.jpg

1043i89.jpg

thanks

LostWind

Established Member
Reaction score
and I forgot to say that my scalp is itchy and oily..
if I take propecia will it stop the hair loss?

Thanks

PJohn

Reaction score
LostWind said:
if I take propecia will it stop the hair loss?Thanks

For many people it will. Basically - minoxidil grows the hair, Propecia stops it from falling out.

LostWind

Established Member
Reaction score
does this look like male pattern baldness compare to the pics where I am really young?

PJohn

Reaction score
LostWind said:
does this look like male pattern baldness compare to the pics where I am really young?

Personally, if your hair has been falling out for as lng as you can remember, the first thing I'd do is go have some bloodwork/ tests done to make sure the problem is not elsewhere.

LostWind

Established Member
Reaction score
PJohn said:
LostWind said:

Personally, if your hair has been falling out for as lng as you can remember, the first thing I'd do is go have some bloodwork/ tests done to make sure the problem is not elsewhere.

I see what you mean...
Anything specific I need to ask for ?

LostWind

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 24
Just came back from a Doctor,
she said that if i would shed so much without regrowing for 2-3 years I would be already bald...
she referred me to a dermatologist cuz she really doesnt know the answer as to why I'm losing hair and it grows back, also did TSH level test and its normal......

puzzled
she also seen the younger pics and says the forhead is exactly the same so its mysterious

LostWind

Established Member
Reaction score
by the way,
extreme itchiness and oil can cause hair fall out...?
would nizoral 2% sort anything out? im in canada..

LostWind

Established Member
Reaction score
Another Thing to mention....
I see many of you are using nizoral

I bought 2%
I washed my hair today and discovered once I applied on my scalp...it started to sting a lot with many small bumps as a feeling on my scalp...
and even forhead has small pimples which started to sting...

Any idea if these small bumps can be a problem for the hair to come out.. ?

I never had a reaction like that with shampoo or maybe some bacteria on scalp causing small bumps(pimples)?

Thanks!

Goingat20

Reaction score
I think its best to see with your derm what those bumps are a result off. You still have a good head of hair, so just wait and see what he says. I think thats your best bet before jumping into treatments.
Goodluck and update us once you visit the derm

LostWind

Established Member
Reaction score
Goingat20 said:
I think its best to see with your derm what those bumps are a result off. You still have a good head of hair, so just wait and see what he says. I think thats your best bet before jumping into treatments.
Goodluck and update us once you visit the derm

Hi,

My dads friend is an MD Dermatologist.
I seen him he checked my head and said as of now there is no male pattern baldness or how you call it...but he found my scalp is loaded with foliculitis...or something like that...and prescribed me antibiotics since he doesnt think any topical would help cuz its deep, explained me that its killing the hair so fast that it keeps falling and growing...and looks like i have this for a year and some months...
Uh:/ im sad that I have this foliculitis or what ever....