What to take against gyno?

LostWind

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am on finasteride ...
Just want to make sure I don't get any gyno...

What should I buy..something that works?
and where can I buy it without seeing a Doctor...or anything natural?

Thanks!

GeminiX

Reaction score
It's probably best if you do not add any drugs to your regimen unless you know you have to.

You will almost certainly know if you're getting the gyno side effects as you will feel some tenderness around the breast area; in particular your nipples will be come far more sensitive than usual. This will usually happen long before any noticeable difference in size or puffyness.

nocturnal

Reaction score
The nipples can in fact become puffy and increase in size without tenderness or pain. I am using Propecia, and this happened to me, and I am still without tenderness or pain. I am fit and lean (6ft. 158lbs.), and the simple fact is, higher estrogen levels cause fat to be stored in places like the chest and stomach. Propecia inhibits DHT, and DHT is a primary combatant of estrogen in the male body. I know my explanation is simplistic, but so is the math.

GeminiX

Reaction score
That's good to know, I thought it was always accompanied by tenderness too.

Cheers for the input, makes me wonder if there is a difference in the symptoms of the swelling and if it's just fluid of something.

Maybe Bryan can help with this one...

nocturnal

Reaction score
Thanks. Well, I am assuming that I have what are the very early stages of gyno. Perhaps if I keep taking Propecia, matters will get worse, or maybe it has already leveled off - I'm just not certain. I can guess that having a higher body fat and weight would increase one's chances for full-blown gyno, and thus a tenderness would probably precede any puffiness and increase of size in the nipples. I've seen some posts discussing the possibility of a placebo effect with Propecia, in which people imagine (and believe) that certain side-effects have shown up, but I myself have physical evidence... evidence that I am not at all happy about.

But this is no surprise. I was never fooled into taking Propecia. It was a choice with known possible consequences. And, obviously, the benefit of keeping my hair outweighs the cost of the side-effects (at this point in time).

Goodluck.