What to do!!!

KEVING

Established Member
Reaction score
What does everyone think i should do. Over the last few months i have seen my hair really go downhill im developing a small bald spot at the back of my head and im also losing a little bit of hair at the front and ive got diffuse thinning all over.

Ive decided to start finasteride when i get it in two days. Can anyone tell me how much i should take and what other things i can do to maintain my hair, i know i should use Nizoral but i use 2% now and i still feel the itch???

Should i use a topical?? Or if i introduce to many things will it lessening my chances of keeping my hair over many years??

cheers

G

You need to take 1mg of finasteride a day,

that's 1 propecia pill (propecia is a 1mg finasteride pill)

or

1 fifth of a Proscar tablet (proscar is a 5mg finasteride pill)

How long have you been on the Nizoral, it can take a few weeks to kick in.

You could also try T/Gel and/or T/Sal to help bring the itch under control.

Some find it helpful to rinse their scalp in very cold water at the end of a shower/bath/dip in the toilet

Should i use a topical?? Or if i introduce to many things will it lessening my chances of keeping my hair over many years??

MINOXPAUSE.gif
[/quote]

kikoman

Established Member
Reaction score
hey, how can you cut proscar evenly into 5 pieces? tell me your secret

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
most people use a pill cutter.

G

kikoman said:
hey, how can you cut proscar evenly into 5 pieces? tell me your secret

Pill cutters are a load of crap, they never work very well, especially on a small pill like proscar.

I use a surgical scalpel which you can buy at most art/craft shops.

CUT.jpg

Ty

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How do you keep the little pieces of the pill from flying all over the place when they are cut?

G

For those who are right handed:

Take your scalpel blade (no need to buy the handle) in your right hand

place it on the pill where you would like to cut

put your left index finger (the one next to your thumb) on the back of the blade

and with this finger (index on the the left hand) slowley push down,

the pill will split, and nothing will shoot off as the soft fleshy 'finger print' area of your left index finger will grip the pill.

swannmorton10.jpg

Flat edged '11' surgical scalpel blade

I use a SWANN MORTON 11 or 10A blade, many will work, try not to get one with a rounded or curved blade, 11 and 10A have flat/straight blades.

swannmorton11.jpg