What to do (relationship/erection prob)

Thisisme373

Established Member
Reaction score
right so zinc is a tablet, but will this really help my libido if im on finasteride, or help maintain my hair, i feel finasteride is maintaining but its my libido i want to be back to normal.

Mew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
right so zinc is a tablet

It's an essential mineral available as a supplement in tablet form, yes.

but will this really help my libido if im on finasteride

Not likely, if it does likely a placebo effect. Zinc supplementation is usually only given to men who are zinc defficient and diagnosed as such via bloodtest, and I highly doubt that you are zinc deficient if you eat a normal diet and don't live in a 3rd world country

Do not exceed 50mg/day, even that is probably too high (25mg should be plenty). If you take high dosages, you also need 2mg of copper as high levels of zinc can leach copper from your body. A Multivitamin (with copper) containing 10/15mg of Zinc, + supplementing with 15 or 25mg Zinc would be plenty.

its my libido i want to be back to normal.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Reason for finasteride decimating your libido:

- you're blocking 70% of DHT in your body, DHT is important for sex drive
- you could have elevated Estradiol, Estrone levels (possibly Prolactin and TSH, too) from finasteride since it is known to alter the androgen/estrogen ratio in favor of estrogens. High estrogens in men can kill libido.

Only way to know where you stand is get blood tests. You really need to educate yourself about what you are doing to your body.

Thisisme373

Established Member
Reaction score
i wouldn't even say my sex drive has dropped that much i can notice it but the main thing is my penis feels less sensitive like when having sex it feels less sensual?? Im taking finasteride every second day now so hopefully these effects will decrease slightly?

Mew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I already gave you my advice, doesn't seem to make any difference to you.

Just be aware that while on finasteride you are depriving your dick of DHT, 5AR-II activity, and nitric oxide. All of that is crucial to maintain erections, and sensitivity. Tons of studies out there corroborate this.

If you don't want to deal with this crap, either get your bloodtests to see what's going on, or just quit. But don't keep complaining if yer just gonna continue with it, yer just gonna continue to have side effects.

BTW I also had the decreased sensitivity that began within 3 days of starting finasteride -- never got better, even after quitting. My dick and balls are basically numb, feel like rubber.

Try taking finasteride once a week and see if that makes any diff, get bloodtests, or quit. Those are your options. Or, pop v**** everytime you wanna have sex.