What to do (relationship/erection prob)

Thisisme373

Established Member
Reaction score
I know it hasn't got much to do with hair problems but id like as many opinions as possible on this situation please.

Basically i was in a relationship with a girl for 2 years first year was great second year we had alot of problems me & her both guilty of certian things but then she took it too far & got in a physical fight with my mom & we split.

Recently we got back together basically as there were still feelings & i was lonely tbh, but as i expected the relationship isn't the same & me starting on finasteride (2 months ago) hasn't helped as i have struggled for erections.

The relationship has just got silly now, we see each other basically once a week, theres not really any sex, its secret from my family (as the dislike her for hitting my mom), we ain't really bothered about seeing each other, & its like were just clinging to each other as we dont want to see each other move on & we were in love.

The thing is i don't want to let her go as i think i wont meet someone else as i struggle for an erection due to finasteride, im not willing to give up finasteride as its working, & i'll admitt i really do go a long way back with my gf, weve been through so much together but theres no connection, what should i do?
Iv made a list of her good things & bad things to give you more insight to her personality, shes quite a character.

Good things:
She's loyal (wont cheat)
She likes football :woot:
shes ambitious
shes very honest
she's good looking (very cute)
sexy

Bad things:
Shes very loud
very bossy
very arguementative
she has a massive go at you if naked bits come on movies
shes jealous
she can be selfish
she gets rowdy when she drinks can be very embarrissing

Please give your opinion, many thanks guys!

Mew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Get off the finasteride, get your dick back, and get a new girl.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Mew said:

Never expected that from you Mew! :woot:

anyway you do know there is such a thing called v**** right?

I had sides when I was 1mg of finasteride, and V-pill saved the day, many many times. lol

I am on 0.25mg EOD, and no erection problems any more, semen is back to normal, hair is maintaining. My hair has thicken up majorly while I was 1mg of finasteride, but my little brother down there sure didn't like it.

Thisisme373

Established Member
Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
Mew said:

I had sides when I was 1mg of finasteride, and V-pill saved the day, many many times. lol

I am on 0.25mg EOD, and no erection problems any more, semen is back to normal, hair is maintaining. My hair has thicken up majorly while I was 1mg of finasteride, but my little brother down there sure didn't like it.

sorry but what is EOD? and like i said im not willing to get off finasteride i feel happy as my hair is thicker & maintaining brilliaintly, but do you think i should split with this girl? she's such a handfull, but just dont want to see her move on :shakehead:

metalheaddude

Reaction score
She sounds like a loser, no offence dude. I say ditch her as well. Your pros vs cons list also doesnt add up. You basically say she is good looking, cute, sexy all as pros - isnt that the same thing?

Her cons far out weigh her pros. Ditch her!

She hit you mom?? Why?

Common dude thats just not on.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Thisisme373 said:
RaginDemon said:
Mew said:

sorry but what is EOD? and like i said im not willing to get off finasteride i feel happy as my hair is thicker & maintaining brilliaintly, but do you think i should split with this girl? she's such a handfull, but just dont want to see her move on :shakehead:

EOD = Every Second Day

You can try 0.5mg dosage first to see if sides go away, they most likely will dimenish.

If not you can drop to 0.25mg. Be patient though, change do not take place right away.

Thisisme373

Established Member
Reaction score
[/quote]

EOD = Every Second Day

You can try 0.5mg dosage first to see if sides go away, they most likely will dimenish.

If not you can drop to 0.25mg. Be patient though, change do not take place right away.[/quote]

didn't know you could skip a day & it still works? so i just take the same dosage but every 2 days instead of everyday? is it still as effective? havent read anyone else saying you could do this is strange as it would obviously lesson effects & save money.

Mew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
so i just take the same dosage but every 2 days instead of everyday? is it still as effective?

Read and learn.
http://www.physics.upenn.edu/facultyinf ... peciafda2/

Drug has flat dose response, taking 5mg or 0.25mg is almost the same thing since it inhibits nearly same amount of DHT. 5AR-II enzyme takes up to a week to start regenerating anyway, and has ~30-day offrate for complete recovery.

Short answer -- use as little of finasteride as possible (ie 16ths, 0.125mg), every 4th or 5th day should be sufficient. But if I were you I wouldn't even touch finasteride due to it's mechanisms of action beyond reducing just DHT, and the potential for side effects.

Thisisme373

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks mew, but what i dont understand is why does most people take finasteride everyday? is it less effective if you take it every couple of days? what im saying is id rather take the dosage everyday if it is stronger at preventing baldness

Mew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
what i dont understand is why does most people take finasteride everyday

Because most people follow what Merck tells you about the drug. If you'd actually do some research on what you are ingesting, you'd see why that is not even necessary.

what im saying is id rather take the dosage everyday if it is stronger at preventing baldness

If that makes you comfortable that you are doing everything you can to tackle your baldness and obliterate your DHT, then go ahead. You obviously have no concern for side effects or the potential problems 5AR inhibition can cause. Good luck.

Libido

Established Member
Reaction score
Mew,
Why do studies show 0.25mg to be less effektive than 1.0mg? Youre saying the studies are flawed?

Mew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why do studies show 0.25mg to be less effektive than 1.0mg?

I'm not an expert on all the haircount stuff, Bryan is.

But in my opinion, if you want to prevent as much baldness as possible without concern for your health (ie, dual 5AR inhibition, especially since 5AR1 is in the brain and there is no biological model for this to know what might happen), then just go straight for dutasteride.

If however you want to try and minimize your risk for sides as much as possible, then take as little of finasteride as possible... because based on the data Merck submitted to the FDA, which Sherman Frankel reviewed in the link I posted, it seems that the drug has a near flat-dose response rate such that 0.2mg inhibits nearly the same amount of serum DHT as 5mg.

Nonetheless I do admit that 5mg will probably give a slightly better hair count, as would Dutasteride -- I believe this is supported by the data. However, if one wants to have significant hair count and hopefully minimize side effects risk, one could get by with 0.25mg or even less and probably still see almost comparable results to 5mg.

Thisisme373

Established Member
Reaction score
but in the relationship problem do you think i should end it? as its just stressing me out thinking if i can make it work :dunno:

recognition2

Established Member
Reaction score
Give a try to Zinc, my libido is better when I take it and I'm on finasteride with 5 mg per week

Thisisme373

Established Member
Reaction score
recognition2 said:
Give a try to Zinc, my libido is better when I take it and I'm on finasteride with 5 mg per week

sorry im new to all this but what is zinc? & i still take finasteride with this?

Mew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
what is zinc? & i still take finasteride with this?

You're kidding right? If you don't even know what zinc is, you probably have no business popping a drug like Finasteride.

BTW, there's something called GOOGLE, you might want to type "zinc" in there for your answer.