What To Do Next? Stick To Anti-androgens But Otherwise Give Up?

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on Finasteride for about just under a year now. I used minoxidil between October and mid-June with two slight sheds that didn't regrow. I got dark circles under my eyes so I decided to quit. My hair at least feels a lot healthier since I quit minoxidil 3-4 weeks ago. I have yet to experience any increased shedding since I quite and my eyes are slowly starting to get better.

I have now started Dutasteride since 10 weeks back with no apparent side effects or positive effects. For the people who got some density back on Dutasteride, how long did it take you guys? I will stick with Dutasteride for a while, maybe half a year to see if I get something or should I stick with it longer?

Is there anything else I could try without going the trans route?

I guess it's too f*****g much to get a little ray of temporary relief in this dark sh*t hole.

Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Need to give it at least a year, the most impressive result from finasteride i have seen is here and it was 15 months http://www.hairlossexperiences.com/view_topic.php?id=2318&forum_id=38

i quit minxodil in april because of sides and my hair is still recovering. There was a guy on here that regrow his f*****g temples with just dutasteride within 6 months, but that is uncommon. Expect to wait a year or more to see results.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Need to give it at least a year, the most impressive result from finasteride i have seen is here and it was 15 months http://www.hairlossexperiences.com/view_topic.php?id=2318&forum_id=38

i quit minxodil in april because of sides and my hair is still recovering. There was a guy on here that regrow his f*****g temples with just dutasteride within 6 months, but that is uncommon. Expect to wait a year or more to see results.

Yes, I've see that guy... but the point is that he probably saw regrowth already after 2-3 months and it has been progressing since. :)

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am on the Dr. Reddy Dutas or whatever it's called and I am not 100% sure it's legit. I don't suspect it's fake at all just that such an idea intrigues me given the fact that anything from Dr. Reddy is not available locally here.

So the thing is for me, I am not sure when it's safe to drop finasteride, I have real GSK Avodart which I'm either going to use after I'm done with Dr. Reddy in 2 weeks or use them every other day just to get started asap if it was actually fake.