What To Do If Temple Points Go With A Hair System ?

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm thinking about a hair system if treatments don't work out. I'm thinning all over top in a nw6 pattern with a recededed hairline. Do hair systems work if your temples go way back ? I'm only 22 and this is what it looks like. I'm wondering if I use a hair system on top the sides will go to far back and it will become noticeable ?

Attachments

• IMG_1312.JPG
    IMG_1312.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,749
  • IMG_1299.PNG
    IMG_1299.PNG
    576.1 KB · Views: 2,412

Noah

Reaction score
You still have good temple points - better than average. The problems arise when the "points" disappear and there is just a flat line or, worse, a receding line. You will have no problems if you choose to try a system.

Noah

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You still have good temple points - better than average. The problems arise when the "points" disappear and there is just a flat line or, worse, a receding line. You will have no problems if you choose to try a system.

Noah
Awesome thanks. I don't want to use one yet. If this is what I look like at 22 though won't a hair system not really work if my hair loss is so agreesive ? It seems to have lost a lot for being so young. I'm worried by 25 a hair system won't work.

Noah

Reaction score
You certainly don't need a system now, and it is impossible to say what you will look like 3 years from now, or even 1 year. So chill out and enjoy your life and your hair in the moment :). Your hairloss may never get any worse. But if it does, don't worry. There is no degree of hairloss that can't be corrected by a hair system; it is just a question of getting the right design.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm thinking about a hair system if treatments don't work out. I'm thinning all over top in a nw6 pattern with a recededed hairline. Do hair systems work if your temples go way back ? I'm only 22 and this is what it looks like. I'm wondering if I use a hair system on top the sides will go to far back and it will become noticeable ?

You should really ask @shookwun that question. He knows.

Seen systems on guys that work, but really you got to be bold to pull that off.

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@shookwun what do you do if you go really bald and the temple points go way back. I'm really terrified to go bald even though people say I look good. Im really short which bothers me. Is there any hope with hair systems if you are already balding this bad at 22 for a long term solution ? I found some pics of my biological family and there sides go way back . Any suggestions ?

shookwun

Reaction score
Unfortunately if you very recessed sides(parallel to the ear) and extensive thinning around sides and back your options are limited.

Extra light density hair piece with natural recession at hairline is your only option at having a natural appearance.

Temple points are very important for giving the illusion of a natural seemless look.

Very easy to spot a piece wearer that has receded sides and straight hairline. Very fake looking. Best option is what I mentioned or full wig

Noah

Reaction score
Shookwun couldn't make a system work and ditched it after a couple of months. My impression is that that was at least partly because he could not get over the psychological issues of wearing something artificial. That is definitely a real problem for some guys, so Shookwun's perspective is certainly a valid one, but it is not typical of wearers generally. In particular, he wasn't wearing long enough to really get comfortable with the techniques of wearing a system.

To answer Christoppp's question, it is definitely easier to fit a system if you keep your temple points, because a thick head of hair on someone with no temples points looks unbalanced and artificial. But if your temples do recede, there are things you can do. First, you can move your hairline back until it is in balance with where your sides are - it looks like you are receding, but not bald. Second, you can add temple flaps to your system, to recreate the side-hair you have lost. That needs to be done carefully, and it makes the system more time-consuming to put on, but it can be very effective. I have seen guys who have restored their whole side-hair like that. Third, you can get a small hair transplant, just to restore your temple points. Fourthly, if it gets really bad you can wear a full headpiece (wig).

But your temple points are really strong. You are years away from having anything to worry about in that respect.

shookwun

Reaction score
BTW I never seen the pictures and I agree with noah.

On phone