What To Do About Gyno, 6 Months On dutasteride

MKP05

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been on dutasteride for 6.5 months now - .5mg every day. Hair definitely has stabilized since the 4 month mark. From a hair loss perspective the last 2 months have been awesome. I can’t believe how much my hair loss has slowed to the point where I appear to be maintaining completely. It’s been so good that i forgot all about my hair. However, over the last two weeks I noticed some enlargement of my breast tissue. At first I thought it was due to gaining some weight over the past few months but now I can see that my right breast definitely appears larger than the left. I don’t have any pain or what I would consider puffy nipples but the breast tissue on my right chest looks swollen and it feels like fluid underneath. If this is gyno it is relatively mild but still kind of noticeable even through a shirt. I was on finasteride for 17 months prior to dutasteride with no sides so I thought it was likely to tolerate dutasteride without sides even though I understand it is much stronger. Anyone have luck eliminating gyno by cutting back the frequency to fewer times a week? or do I have no other choice but to discontinue completely?

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
gyno won't go away from stopping the drug after it is formed. that is if it's enlarged breast tissue. only a surgical procedure gets rid of that.

MKP05

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
gyno won't go away from stopping the drug after it is formed. that is if it's enlarged breast tissue. only a surgical procedure gets rid of that.
But can continuing the drug make it worse? And if it is gyno and I have it removed won’t it just come back if I continue taking dutasteride?

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
But can continuing the drug make it worse? And if it is gyno and I have it removed won’t it just come back if I continue taking dutasteride?

For your first question nobody knows if it can get worse or just stagnate, the only thing certain is that you won't grow boobs bigger than a certain point, it's not possible, but they still could be large and annoying, especially for a man... As for the second question the answer is yes, if you do the surgery without removing the glands and you continue to take dutasteride after the surgery, there is a probability for the gyno to come back. If you remove the glands than from what i know, it can't come back, because the glands were removed , so there is nothing that can actually trigger that breast anymore..

But keep in mind that most doctors refuse and avoid the gland removal because it can cause serious complications, in the moment of the surgery as well as after or in the future, it's not normal and they only remove it willingly because of serious cases and so on. You need to find also after a good esthetician for the remodeling of your breast tissue and from what i know you will have another esthetic surgery to make it look good or "normal"... It's more complicated than the majority of idiots who say that it's an easy surgery bla bla, inform yourself and talk to a professional doctor who's actually done it and is informed about it...

MKP05

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For your first question nobody knows if it can get worse or just stagnate, the only thing certain is that you won't grow boobs bigger than a certain point, it's not possible, but they still could be large and annoying, especially for a man... As for the second question the answer is yes, if you do the surgery without removing the glands and you continue to take dutasteride after the surgery, there is a probability for the gyno to come back. If you remove the glands than from what i know, it can't come back, because the glands were removed , so there is nothing that can actually trigger that breast anymore..

But keep in mind that most doctors refuse and avoid the gland removal because it can cause serious complications, in the moment of the surgery as well as after or in the future, it's not normal and they only remove it willingly because of serious cases and so on. You need to find also after a good esthetician for the remodeling of your breast tissue and from what i know you will have another esthetic surgery to make it look good or "normal"... It's more complicated than the majority of idiots who say that it's an easy surgery bla bla, inform yourself and talk to a professional doctor who's actually done it and is informed about it...

Good info. Thanks. Right now it’s tolerable but I do go to the beach often so it’s something I’m definitely self conscious about now - especially since it’s only in one breast. The weird thing is that it came on so rapidly...like a period of two weeks. Or maybe I just didn’t notice until then. Ironically I had just used a skin tag remover to burn off 3 tags under my right armpit and that was about a week before I noticed the swelling in that breast. There seems to be a bit of swelling under that armpit as well. This breast swelling was definitely not there at the time because I definitely would’ve noticed. I’ll try losing some weight but I have a feeling that this is not going away with diet and exercise.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good info. Thanks. Right now it’s tolerable but I do go to the beach often so it’s something I’m definitely self conscious about now - especially since it’s only in one breast. The weird thing is that it came on so rapidly...like a period of two weeks. Or maybe I just didn’t notice until then. Ironically I had just used a skin tag remover to burn off 3 tags under my right armpit and that was about a week before I noticed the swelling in that breast. There seems to be a bit of swelling under that armpit as well. This breast swelling was definitely not there at the time because I definitely would’ve noticed. I’ll try losing some weight but I have a feeling that this is not going away with diet and exercise.

It won't go away with diet and exercise, you will have an overall difference on your body but gyno is gyno, the lumps created there won't go away even with the strongest medicine that is out there, it can miniaturize but that's kind of it, the lump will remain even if it's gonna look smaller...

Now regarding the swelling under the armpit it's not the first time i hear or read about it from finasteride usage, it may be correlated with the gyno but i don't know surely and i strongly advise you to see as i said, a doctor, a good one that really has an idea about these things, it's your best option and i suggest you taking it rather than taking action by your own...

MKP05

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I
It won't go away with diet and exercise, you will have an overall difference on your body but gyno is gyno, the lumps created there won't go away even with the strongest medicine that is out there, it can miniaturize but that's kind of it, the lump will remain even if it's gonna look smaller...

Now regarding the swelling under the armpit it's not the first time i hear or read about it from finasteride usage, it may be correlated with the gyno but i don't know surely and i strongly advise you to see as i said, a doctor, a good one that really has an idea about these things, it's your best option and i suggest you taking it rather than taking action by your own...

I actually don’t feel any lumps at all. If anything it feels like fluid - almost like a water balloon. But no hard lumps I can detect under the nipple or anywhere else. No puffy nipples or sensitivity. I have gained weight over the last 3 months for sure. But it just seems too coincidental to have one breast larger than the other. I’ll have to go to my dr to have it checked out.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I

I actually don’t feel any lumps at all. If anything it feels like fluid - almost like a water balloon. But no hard lumps I can detect under the nipple or anywhere else. No puffy nipples or sensitivity. I have gained weight over the last 3 months for sure. But it just seems too coincidental to have one breast larger than the other. I’ll have to go to my dr to have it checked out.

Yeah you may not even have gyno, maybe it's just fat, best idea yes is to go to a doctor and follow that routine that you want to, exercise and diet, your body will overall thank you for that anyways, and you will feel better also... Good luck and keep us posted