What To Do About Flaky Scalp, Need Help.

Sseoud86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've been experiencing an extremely flaky scalp for ahwile now, unsure if it's sebboric dermatitis or something else, usually happens after showers and if I remove the flakes it's gone until I shower again. Is this part of male pattern baldness or some other type of disorder. Also I used 2 ketoconazle but seemed to make things worth. Almost like my scalps just extremely dry. I feel I'm making things worse by constantly combing to remove the flakes. Anybody have any insights?

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sometimes it's in your diet, man. From my experience: oily/greasy, sugary foods, and tap (unfiltered) water, causes this flakes and once I avoid and limit these foods, it eventually stopped. I also use natural shampoos like aloe vera which make hair naturally slippery that causes the visible flakes to eliminate once I rinse it with water. I never use shampoos with hundreds of other ingredients like keto.

Sseoud86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sometimes it's in your diet, man. From my experience: oily/greasy, sugary foods, and tap (unfiltered) water, causes this flakes and once I avoid and limit these foods, it eventually stopped. I also use natural shampoos like aloe vera which make hair naturally slippery that causes the visible flakes to eliminate once I rinse it with water. I never use shampoos with hundreds of other ingredients like keto.
Yeah, I need to figure that out. I eat pretty good. I also drink o my bottled water. I usually don't towel dry my hair, and I've always wondered if it could just be that I don't towel dry my hair, I usualy just let it air dry. Could that be a cause? Thanks

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I need to figure that out. I eat pretty good. I also drink o my bottled water. I usually don't towel dry my hair, and I've always wondered if it could just be that I don't towel dry my hair, I usualy just let it air dry. Could that be a cause? Thanks

You can just gently pat dry your hair with the towel but I doubt it's the towel thing. The flakes are mostly oil and dirt. That's why one should avoid greasy/oily foods. And maybe you lack exercise. Sweating (from your head) is a good way to clear up the scalp. You need to sweat/exercise probably daily so that the oily/dirt stuff that clogs up your scalp/hair follicles will clear up. That helped me too. Treadmill or jog in place 15-20 mins/day did the trick for me.

Sseoud86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can just gently pat dry your hair with the towel but I doubt it's the towel thing. The flakes are mostly oil and dirt. That's why one should avoid greasy/oily foods. And maybe you lack exercise. Sweating (from your head) is a good way to clear up the scalp. You need to sweat/exercise probably daily so that the oily/dirt stuff that clogs up your scalp/hair follicles will clear up. That helped me too. Treadmill or jog in place 15-20 mins/day did the trick for me.
True, but I workout 5 days a week I do cardio and every muscle group once a week, and have so for the past 6-7 years. I eat good. I've been wondering if my whey protein has something to do with it as well. Ive used optimum nutrition whey religiously for years. I'm thinking that as I get older my body might not be digesting it the same as it used to. Thanks for your help, I think I'm going to try a keto diet for a few weeks and see what happens. Oh yeah I've also begun using fish oil pills the last couple days, so I'mma see what that does after a few weeks too.