What time of day do you take yours?

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As with most medication instrauctions you are supposed to take on a full stomach. I take min afer evening meal 8-9pm. Especially as it causes me some tiredness so better to go to bed on than feel tired in the day.

I still suffer some tiredness as a side even though i'm only on .25mg.

Hopefully you will be o.k. on full dose and get no sides

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
It says on the insert it doesn't have to be taken with food. I take mine first thing in the morning. Less chance of forgetting that way.

Shmanky

Reaction score
I asked my dermatologist, who prescribed me Propecia, whether to take it with or without food, and he said it doesn't matter. So I take it at 10 p.m. without food.

I do wonder why some drugs are to be taken with food while others are not. The only thing I can guess is that it is related to dosage: Propecia is a dose of 1mg, while two other drugs that I do take that are required to be taken with food are 25mg and 500mg doses.

Chemical J

Established Member
Reaction score
First thing in the morning - right when I wake up.

Full effect on an empty stomach.

IBM

Reaction score
i take in the morning without food. At night i take spironolactone after meal.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Shmanky said:
I asked my dermatologist, who prescribed me Propecia, whether to take it with or without food, and he said it doesn't matter. So I take it at 10 p.m. without food.

I do wonder why some drugs are to be taken with food while others are not. The only thing I can guess is that it is related to dosage: Propecia is a dose of 1mg, while two other drugs that I do take that are required to be taken with food are 25mg and 500mg doses.

it has nothing to do with dosages

Reaction score
where did this idea come up that finasteride is absorbed better on an empty stomach? cause anyone post some research on this?

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
just started taking it AGAIN . Take it in the evening after dinner. Makes me feel feverish week and weird after taking it.

xcel

Reaction score
Nick4441 said:
As with most medication instrauctions you are supposed to take on a full stomach. I take min afer evening meal 8-9pm. Especially as it causes me some tiredness so better to go to bed on than feel tired in the day.

I'm no doctor, but I think your tiredness is from something else. it's most likely psychosomatic or thyroid issue maybe. I can't imagine .25mg does much good or bad

abcdefg

Reaction score
this question has been asked before. Time makes no difference, and for food read the label. It has been suggested that testosterone is higher in the morning so taking finasteride in the morning might be a good idea, but it might not matter.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
abcdefg said:
this question has been asked before. Time makes no difference, and for food read the label. It has been suggested that testosterone is higher in the morning so taking finasteride in the morning might be a good idea, but it might not matter.

it doesnt matter b/c one your body gets to steady state levels after taking the propecia....its gonna stay at that level as long as your putting in 1 mg every 24 hrs or so.

Daved

Reaction score
xcel said:
Nick4441 said:

I'm no doctor, but I think your tiredness is from something else. it's most likely psychosomatic or thyroid issue maybe. I can't imagine .25mg does much good or bad
0.5m finasteride makes me feel a little tired, 1mg makes me feel like I can't do anything. I'm 100% sure because I tried stopping taking finasteride and the tiredness was gone. It sucks.

Balding_1

Established Member
Reaction score
Daved said:
xcel said:
Nick4441 said:

0.5m finasteride makes me feel a little tired, 1mg makes me feel like I can't do anything. I'm 100% sure because I tried stopping taking finasteride and the tiredness was gone. It sucks.

Thats the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I bet if you were in the clinical trials you would be in the placebo group claiming tiredness, impotence, and fevers. :roll:

BTW-- I've taken 1.25 mg for over 4 years now with no sides so people like you crack me up.

Christoff

Reaction score
I take it before bed on a full stomach or not.

I was always told not to take things on an empty stomach because the food helps your body digest/absorb it. Just what I heard though.

xcel

Reaction score
Balding_1 said:
Daved said:
xcel said:
Nick4441 said:

Thats the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I bet if you were in the clinical trials you would be in the placebo group claiming tiredness, impotence, and fevers. :roll:

BTW-- I've taken 1.25 mg for over 4 years now with no sides so people like you crack me up.

I would think general tiredness can be linked to hormone changes, but only until your body adjusts. What I was saying earlier is that taking 1/4 of the recommended dose should have very little chance of side effects.

I also don't recall tiredness as one of the reported side effects. If I were you I would get all the necessary blood work, if it all turns out fine, then know that this is just a psychosomatic thing and that exercise/meditation will help you get over it. I'm just trying to help, not putting you down or anything.