What the hell is wrong with me!

Shittyhair

Reaction score
Hi

I need advice! I have been on propecia for 6 month and my face has turned into butter! I have to wash my face 5-10 times a day to get rid of all the oil! my hairloss has not stopped, actually it has increased, Before taking this drug the only thing that botherd me was my temples. But now my front is almost gone and tiffuse thinning alla over my scalp :(

I think i have to throw in the towel, I cant live with this sh*t any longer.

My regime is 1mg propecia every day, Nizoral schampoo 2-3x a week.

I think i have a bad case of seb derm, my scalp itches like hell and is very red!

If i shave my head, would the seb derm clear up?

Thanks in advance

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
Buy some T-Gel and T-Sal and start using them every day for the first week or two then only a few times a week after that. Use the T-sal first then the t-gel. It should help a lot.

As for shaving your head i've read posts of other people saying that it clears things up really well but i've never tried it myself.

Shittyhair

Reaction score
Thanx for replying

Do you know where a can buy T-Gel/T-sal or similar in sweden?

What should i do with my oily skin problem? I use to have dry skin before going on propecia

MOUSE

Reaction score
Same here

dude. Im in the same boat i feel, i was on propecia for 15 months and all i got were pimples (which i have had never had even as a teenager) oily forehead and hairloss, my concern was my temples and now my crown and frontal areas have gone to the dogs. reviewing pictures from 5 years ago i have seen i already had some temoral reccession but my hair was thick and required the thinning scissors when cut.....those were the days.
I have been off it for 6 months now and i do not know what to do.....been reading these forums for 2 years or so but never posted till i heard you point of view.
People say to stay with it...yeah right[/b] :freaked:

maintainence1

Established Member
Reaction score
Emu oil works really well for scalp inflammation. Buy it a sa shampoo or conditioner and leave on for 5 minutes or so.

MOUSE

Reaction score
never had any probs with irritation....it just f@#ked up my hair real quick

Shittyhair

Reaction score
Thanks again for all your replies.

I´m going to try to get hold of those product. I think i have already bought every single brand of shampoo money can buy though.

MOUSE: I´m reallly sorry that you are in the same f@cked up situation as i am :(

One thing that is kind of wierd is that i seem to be balding on the sides and lower part of my neck?

Shittyhair

Reaction score
Today i decided to cut my finasteride dosage to 0.5mg, i need to do something! because i fear for my health now. I have overactive seburm production, shaky hands, nomatter how long i sleep i am always tired and sometimes i really feel dipressed :(

Please respond if you have the same symptons, i need to get to the bottom with this

I think the boost on testerone from finasteride is really messing me up.
What is the symtoms for high T levels?

I am a person that has very hard to gain body fat and easy gaining muscle mass, some hairs on my back but not much, hairy legs though.

I took a hard look at my father the other day, he is an NW1-2 and diffused all over his scalp (even sides and back) I guess i am a NW2-3 and difussing allover. I was an NW1.5 before starting propecia.

24 years of age.

MOUSE

Reaction score
Shitty hair- I believe from what i have read the usage of finasteride may be good for some....but it is however a drug that alters the bodies production and regulation of hormones. This is not natural and whilst i was totally optimistic when cutting up my proscar pills, that i was doing the right thing it sure didnt help me in hind sight. If my hair gets more fu%ked up from here on i may just say to hell with it and take finasteride again........and or what ever other sh*t i find ie vitamins , folligen omega 3 etc shaving my head is also an option.
Dude if you hair loss is all over the place, not just in the male pattern baldness areas you should go and see a dermatologist or 2. I thought i had Telogen Effluvium due to the condition of my hair whilst on finasteride. This was not the case according to a dermatologist i saw....then again she didnt know to much.

Im also of the opinion once you are aware of possibly being a victim of male pattern baldness you are so consious of it controls you life and stresses you out. So try and relax and see a derm and a Doctor.

I never thought of hairloss nor noticed anyone elses, i hadnt seen my old man (dad) for 3 or 4 years when he commented that my hair was receeding. bullshit i said on my way to the mirror .That day has changed my life. hhhmmm

Go see a Doctor..be cool and keep us posted

2young

Reaction score
Maybe you have reflex hyperandrogenicity.

From the FAQ:
Q: What's reflex hyperandrogenicity?

A: When the effects of androgens in the body are lessened, e.g. through lowering DHT or by systemic hormone receptor blockade, the body seeks equilibrium through a process called upregulation. This can take the form of increased hormone production and/or increased tissue sensitivity to the remaining hormones. The reason side effects usually gradually disappear with finasteride is probably due to such upregulation. In a small percentage of individuals, it may be that this process overshoots the mark, resulting in significant hyperandrogenicity. This is marked by such signs as greatly increased facial oil, increased pimples, and greatly elevated libido. It's possible that in certain cases such hyperandrogenicity overcomes the hair-protective effect of, say, finasteride, though this does not appear to be the case for the vast majority of people.

Also, try dumping nizoral. Some people can't tolerate it. I've been off it for 2 weeks, and my scalp pain, which started shortly after I started nizoral, has considerably diminished. T-gel is probably a good alternative to nizoral for scalp health, although it lacks the growth stimulant/anti-androgen properties. I'm going to try nizoral again and see if the stinging returns.

A lot of people say to stick with finasteride for a year no matter what, but it seems like its really messing you up. I don't know if I'd stay with it or not. You really need to see a doctor, maybe have some blood work done to test your hormone levels, and get a diagnosis on your scalp condition.

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Shittyhair said:
Today i decided to cut my finasteride dosage to 0.5mg, i need to do something! because i fear for my health now. I have overactive seburm production, shaky hands, nomatter how long i sleep i am always tired and sometimes i really feel dipressed :(

Please respond if you have the same symptons, i need to get to the bottom with this

I think the boost on testerone from finasteride is really messing me up.
What is the symtoms for high T levels?

I am a person that has very hard to gain body fat and easy gaining muscle mass, some hairs on my back but not much, hairy legs though.

I took a hard look at my father the other day, he is an NW1-2 and diffused all over his scalp (even sides and back) I guess i am a NW2-3 and difussing allover. I was an NW1.5 before starting propecia.

24 years of age.

High testosterone tends to increase confidence, elevated estrogen levels in men (which is a side effect of reducing dht levels, ie. using finasteride, dutasteride) can tend to lead to sluggishness and depression.

Shittyhair

Reaction score
Thank you all

I´m going to try to get some blood test done, i have find it very hard to get doctors to take this desease serious :( Do you know what type of blood test i should take?

I have read some stuff about grave decease and diabetes, and i can say the symptoms on those deseases fits me right on!

VWdude: yes, i really have, my hair has turned from blond to dark blond/gray, and the texture of it is lake straw!