What the hell is going on?

Charlie8506

Reaction score
I have been on Propecia for the past 5 months. Before that my temples were doing ok but now my left temple is going to sh*t. What is this? Can't a guy get a little bit of maintenance for f*** sake? What should I do?

lain

Established Member
Reaction score
Well... it has been suggested that you wait a full year before judging your treatment.

You might want to add some foam to your regimen... which will probably makes things worse for a little while and then give u good growth.

Though I cant really talk since I'm in the same situation as you.

Good luck.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have been on Proscar split into 8th for more than a month and my hair looks like sh*t right now. I have been balding since 17 and I am 28 now and in that time I went to NW2 and I can clearly see that in the last month the speed of my hairloss has tripled-quadrupaled...I dont know why finasteride is doing that. I understand it not working but why is it increasing the speed.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat charlie. I don't think propecia can maintain the temples, so I'm using minoxidil on the temples in an attempt to stop it.

Charlie8506

Reaction score
ripple-effect said:
I'm in the same boat charlie. I don't think propecia can maintain the temples, so I'm using minoxidil on the temples in an attempt to stop it.

I dyed my hair dark and my temples don't look as bad as I thought.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dye is only temporary and will do nothing for your hair loss except maybe hide it for a while.

paximperia

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you sleep on your right side? Also, it's not necessarily true that Propecia doesn't work on the temples. I have definitely had some regrowth in the temple area, although not nearly as much as the crown. GlaxoSmith just chose the crown area because it would produce the most impressive results.