What the hell are these crusts on my scalp??

latenight

Reaction score
I have been lurking in here for quite some time and decided to join and finally get some one on one feedback with the members if this forums bc appearently Im completly lost and everytime I think I have it figured out... Nope, switch, changeup... What just happened?

Basically I get crusts on my scalp. For no reason. Its not sebum buildup, its not dirt, idk if its skin. What I do know is that theyll be gone one day and back the next. Its crazy. Sometimes theyre dry and crumbly, sometimes theyre moist and peely, sometimes theyre more of a broken sore with either variation of dry/moist crust. Sometimes it itches, others not.

I asked a derm what they were when I went for the peesh 2 years ago, he said dandruff. I say BS!

I started searching for triggers to these things. At first I thought maybe I shampoo'd to much. Nope. Then not enough. Nope. Maybe wheat or gluten allergy? So cut out bread (which did make me feel better overall, gluten allergy runs in the family). Nope. Wearing hats, so I quit for a bit. Nope. These things come and go no rhyme or reason.

I feel my hairloss coincides with them. Maybe not all the hair I lose, but I think it definitly makes it more aggressive.

Anyone else have this? Or an idea what the hell is going on? Pleaseeeee throw some ideas my way. Nizoral doesnt help, the peesh doesnt help, minoxidil doesnt help, natrual oils dont help. I mean they come and go at random. When theyre gone life is good. When theyre not FML. I can not even shave my head bc of these things!

:(

latenight

Reaction score
Guys I joined this forum for help with a problem we all share. & like most none of my peers share this affliction so I dont have anyone to discuss this with.

To be 100% honest I feel very discouraged to return to this thread 3 weeks later to find nothing.

Nobody here has any clue as to what these are, what causes it, how to stop it? Anything to try? I cant exactly afford a derm visit right now. Maybe next year, but not now.

Sweeping

Reaction score
Probably because you're hella crusty.. Haha get it, cuz you got crusts on your scalp, so you're crusty? HAHA I'm f*cking hilarious.
It is dandruff retard. Do an apple cider vinegar rinse of something. That worked for me. Pretty sure there's a thread on here about getting rid of dandruff. It really isn't that difficult. Sweeping out.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
You don't even post a pic and you just expect us to know? Another moron...

rfilbert_az

Reaction score
Guys I joined this forum for help with a problem we all share. & like most none of my peers share this affliction so I dont have anyone to discuss this with.

To be 100% honest I feel very discouraged to return to this thread 3 weeks later to find nothing.

Nobody here has any clue as to what these are, what causes it, how to stop it? Anything to try?

I found a way to significantly reduce "dandruff-like" substance from my scalp. Do you ever use ketoconazole shampoo? I highly recommend either Regenepure DR or Lipogaine.

Here's my secret though.....I typically apply ketoconazole shampoo to my scalp thoroughly AND leave it on my scalp for at least 20 minutes or more! Sometimes I leave it on my scalp for as long as 40 minutes.

In the past, I would wash out the shampoo after only 3 to 5 minutes. The results were NOT that good. For me, 20 to 40+ minutes has produced much better results. I noticed that my scalp is cleaner. I no longer see "dandruff" when I scratch my scalp with my fingernails.

It definitely works for me. Give it a try!

latenight

Reaction score
Didnt know a picture was required... dick.

& sweeping... its NOT dandruff. Maybe its just a side effect of being a retard.

Last guy that posted.... im pretty sure leaving keto in for 40 mins is hazardous? & your trolling? Or maybe your actually trying to help but bc of the 2 previous replies now im skeptical.

Great forum guys. Seriously.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
It's not required but don't complain when you don't get an answer because instead of showing us what the **** it is you're actually talking about you try to describe it to us with woooooooordzzzzzz.

P.S It's probably dandruff...dick...

rfilbert_az

Reaction score
Didnt know a picture was required... dick.

& sweeping... its NOT dandruff. Maybe its just a side effect of being a retard.

Last guy that posted.... im pretty sure leaving keto in for 40 mins is hazardous? & your trolling? Or maybe your actually trying to help but bc of the 2 previous replies now im skeptical.

I don't use Nizoral because it contains "sodium laureth sulfate", which is pretty much equal to "sodium lauryl sulfate", which dries out the scalp and potentially is not good for hair growth. See this video for details: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQBk3_73Ubk

I use Regenepure DR or Big 3 (Lipogaine) shampoo. These do not irritate the scalp. The guy in the video above recommends that you leave the shampoo on your scalp for 10 minutes. I have tried times from 20 to 40 minutes, with VERY positive results. My scalp really is clean now of impurities such as dandruff or DHT or whatever was there before.

I am honestly trying to help you. This has worked for me, so give it a try if you are willing.

Good day.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's another video that compares Regenepure DR shampoo with Nizoral shampoo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYq0TmM7V0U

Digidako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OP
I've been experiencing the exact same thing you are describing in your post. They typically originate in my crown area, and it feels like a crusty pimple like thing, but when I pull it out there is a brownish substance clustered around the club of the follicle. From my deductions I speculate it it related to sebum, simply based on the fact that when I apply some salicylic acid they usually disappear

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had that in the past, crusty nastiness. And yes I think it increased my hair loss dramatically. I suggest you take 50mg of zinc picolinate, that cured the problem for me.