What the he77 did Harie say he was going to do?

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I wonder if that title will have anyone read this thread?

Anyhoo...I was reading a while ago about how Ronnie Coleman (maybe it was Jay Cutler) does not use protein powder, instead he made a tuna shake. IIRC it was just milk & tuna blended up. That got me wondering how nasty a tuna shake would taste. Then I found this site. http://www.deepsquatter.com/shake.htm

So, tonight, after I lift, I'm going to try and drink a tuna shake. I believe I'll pick the 1st one, "The OFFICIAL D/FW Assault Crew Tuna Shake ". I'll probably puke, but either way, it should be funny. I'll post back tomorrow (maybe tonight) about how disgusting, or not disgusting, it was.

I do like canned tuna on crackers with Mayo & relish, and even straight out of the can...so maybe it won't be as bad as I think it will.

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
This sounds disgusting, but I'm curious, how did it turn out?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Its fairly common. Tin of tuna in a blender with either milk or orange juice. Supposedly tastes like sh*t, :x apparently only a real man can drink it! :lol:

Ilovehair

Reaction score
You should blend up some extra strong Fishermans Friend with the tuna and milk for extra manliness.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
retropunk said:
This sounds disgusting, but I'm curious, how did it turn out?

Oh, I totally forgot I posted this here.

I did, in fact, drink "The OFFICIAL D/FW Assault Crew Tuna Shake" on July 5th. It's not as bad as it sounds, but it does smell terrible. I made the mistake of actually smelling it before I drank it and nearly changed my mind. It's drinkable...And I've had beer that tasted much worse.

I also tried another recipe from that site this past Tuesday. I used 16oz milk, 1 can of tuna & 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder all blended up. This one didn't smell too bad, and tasted pretty decent.

Honestly, it's a pretty decent thing to drink if I'm running short on time and don't want to just have my "meal" be protein powder.

Next time, I'm going to see if quick oats will blend up along with the tuna, milk & protein powder. It'll be the fastest meal in the world.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Perhaps adding in some tarragon or oregano and a little cracked pepper might make it go down better?