What The f*** Happened To Me. I Need Some Advice.

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bodyfat converts testosterone into estrogen. Now that you cut, you have less estrogen and more test.->dht.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
asian + balding = death sentence

why not big3 though?

Mushu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's a result that might interest you. I think you can picture what a difference there would be if he had a hair transplant before compared to after.
http://www.hairlossexperiences.com/view_topic.php?id=2318&forum_id=38

Finasteride wasn't about maintaining for me as I wasn't aggressively balding. It was for regrowth.

I'm not trying to steer you towards Finasteride but don't be afraid of it either. I also was initially hesistant( 6 months of research).

seanvandamme

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's a result that might interest you. I think you can picture what a difference there would be if he had a hair transplant before compared to after.
http://www.hairlossexperiences.com/view_topic.php?id=2318&forum_id=38

Finasteride wasn't about maintaining for me as I wasn't aggressively balding. It was for regrowth.

I'm not trying to steer you towards Finasteride but don't be afraid of it either. I also was initially hesistant( 6 months of research).

Woah. How does finasteride regrow hair though? Doesn't it only inhibit DHT? That's a crazy result.

seanvandamme

My Regimen
Reaction score
On an online consult they will ask for photos and make a rough estimate of graft numbers, then in person they are likely to measure the caliber of your hair, donor density etc along with a rough estimation of the total area on top to be filled. Also photograph the hair and judge miniaturisation, how it looks when wet and design the hairline with you. Once this is done they'll create a decision on graft numbers. For the vast majority of doctors it is very much by feel, with experience and reference to your hair characteristics they'll know what to do according to your expectations and how densely to pack it to achieve natural results. Once they've done it hundreds and thousands of times it becomes second nature. So it isn't all rough estimation, but these things aren't absolute like you might think.

Also on the density point Rahal's rep was on this forum a few months ago and did mention that Rahal used to back around the 70 fu/cm^2 range but dropped it back due to inconsistent results. Aside from the fact that the human eye simply can't distinguish density beyond a certain point, you have to consider that studies showing into these massive ranges are in ultra controlled circumstances, with infinite time to extract the grafts, place them as soon as extracted so they are not out of the body for any time at all with all the time in the world to make sure they are unharmed and then put solely into a singular square 70 fu/cm^2. In reality when looking at cases of 3000 grafts across an entire area and not just a singular cm^2 box with doctors running a schedule and enduring fatigue due to hours of work, you're not going to get the same giant survival rates as are possible in a lab because they aren't working with these controlled conditions.

Thank you for all of your responses. I feel more well-equipped to proceed with a hair transplantation now.

So the biggest factor of graft survival is the doctor's ability to keep graft transection to a minimum, amirite? My primary worry is a poor yield for dense packing. To my knowledge, poor yield happens when the patient has poor blood circulation in the scalp. I am pretty healthy and fit, so I don't think blood circulation is a problem, though it's still pretty worrying.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Honestly doubt I'll go bald. None of my living or dead relatives ever went past a Norwood 3. Guess a hair transplant is my only option now.

EDIT: Norwood 2. Just examined my father's hair gelled up (he's 62) and yeah. He has a better head of hair than me.

If your hair is worse than your fathers that means you're not following his pattern and are dealing with more aggressive hairloss than he is.

Doubting you won't go completely bald won't change anything and the fact that you're thinning most likely means you'll either go slick bald or end up with really thin wirey hair...

If you want any hope in saving your hair you gotta hop onndat der finny

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for all of your responses. I feel more well-equipped to proceed with a hair transplantation now.

So the biggest factor of graft survival is the doctor's ability to keep graft transection to a minimum, amirite? My primary worry is a poor yield for dense packing. To my knowledge, poor yield happens when the patient has poor blood circulation in the scalp. I am pretty healthy and fit, so I don't think blood circulation is a problem, though it's still pretty worrying.

Ultimately in a first procedure the majority of top doctors won't pack densely enough for it to potentially compromise yield unless you're dealing with an extremely small area of hairloss, one smaller than yours. Like you say to some degree dense packing yields are patient dependent which is another reason why most surgeons won't opt for an ultra-risky approach in a first run through. You'll still be able to achieve very natural and satisfying density that blends with your native hairs in a first run-through however, the bigger concern is that you've stabilised your native hairs on finasteride.

I would definitely consider a transplant in your case and if you went to a highly competent doctor (Erdogan, Hasson/Wong, Konior etc) the risks of a result that isn't a significant cosmetic improvement is overall very low. But like others have said in the short and long term finasteride is the most important thing to consider.

kaustubh.s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I really need informed opinions on my current predicament. I'm in a lot of confusion now because of a few factors. Let me share my story:

I began noticing my hair shed about 2.5 years ago when I started dieting and lost a huge amount of weight (20+ pounds). I'd notice many strands of hair on my hands whenever I try to wash gel out of my hair. This didn't bother me because the concept of hair loss didn't even exist for me back then (picture 1).

I continued my aggressive dieting (no carbs + intermittent fasting wtf) for several months straight and it got slightly more noticeable (picture 2) but noone would have considered me to be balding. I eventually stopped dieting when I'd hit my goal bodyweight and wasn't bothered by any hair loss for a while.

Months later, I signed up for a gym membership to finally push myself to 6 pack abs glory and I took up an aggressive cutting approach (1200 calories a day + Strength training every other day). This was when my hair started to get FUCKED UP (picture 3). My temple shedding was at its most aggressive during the 3 months of heavy gym and cutting. It scared the f*** out of me and I wondered why I didn't just stop to ponder how to stop it back then. Around the time I took that picture, I decided I was at a lean enough condition and decided to eat normally to see if anything would change.

I pushed calories up to 2500 for my bulk phase and wtf, my hair loss just magically stopped. No hair strands when I tugged at my bangs (whatever remained of it). When I was cutting, I could just tug at my bangs and a few strands would fall out for sure. It's been a year after I've halted my dieting and yeah. Still no progression of hair loss. Had a dermatologist check my DHT levels and it came back normal.

It's obvious that the way my hair loss has progressed is reflective of male pattern baldness, and I'm sure majority of the people here would peg me as suffering from male pattern baldness. I don't deny that, but don't people get telogen effluvium instead of receding hairlines when they get too aggressive in dieting?

In 2 years, I've went from a Norwood 0 to a Norwood 3A. This is extremely depressing. I just had a family gathering last week and noticed my maternal uncles all had juvenile hairlines at age 44 and above wtf. My dad and his younger brother are in their 60s and both suffer minor diffuse thinning. They both are pack-a-day smokers for 4 decades already, so could be why. No matter how I analyse it, my situation just logically doesn't make sense to me.

I keep my hair down (Picture 4) all the time now to mask my receded temples (Picture 5). The male pattern baldness hit my frontal tuft pretty hard as well but it hasn't thinned too close to baldness. I've been in this condition for a year and a half now, and refuse to wait any longer. Even medical tests can't tell me what the f*** happened, so I am really considering a hair transplant to restore my hairline. Has anyone went through a similar situation with regards to this peculiar manner of male pattern baldness, and with my current hair, do you think I'll be able to regain dense temples and good hairline?

Please don't tell me to get on finasteride or minoxidil. Minoxidil only has a chance to fatten up my frontal tuft and I'm definitely not taking finasteride when I haven't lost my hair for a year.
Bro, I have the answer to all your questions
So as you know our hairfollicles are attached to the blood veins and because of this blood flow, the hair growth takes place.
So when you started your low carb, low nutritional diet, low omega3 diet, your blood starts starving for the nutrition and as the blood is lack lacking in nutrition..
So now your blood is nutrition-less so the blood which is flowing to your hair follicles is lacking in nutrition and this kept on happening for a year
So just imagine your hair were hungry for nutrition which made them weak and sensitive towards DHT
Also when you used to LIFT weights, high amount of testosterone is produced due to which DHT is also produced....thats why you lost your hair faster.
Bro same happened with me..
I also lost 20kgs in 6months with the help of zero carb diet which fucked up my hair
But one thing you need to know is my uncles are bald so I'm susceptible to male pattern baldness so in my case due to low carb diet my male pattern baldness got triggered and i was losing like 100-150 hairs a day after my weightloss episode.
Now I'M having a receding hairline and I gained 15kgs again
SO THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS NOW I DON'T HAVE GIRLS AND I DON'T THINK I'LL GET ONE IN FUTURE....BECAUSE NOW I'M FAT AND BALD THE WORST COMBINATION FOR A BOY
I FEEL LIKE SUCIDNG

AND ONE MORE THING DUDE... I'M ON FINASTERIDE NOW...BUT STILL WHEN I TRY WEIGHT TRAINING EVEN FOR A DAY....MY HAIR FALLS OUT LIKE CRAZY(100HAIRS)

FUCKED UP LIFE

kaustubh.s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I really need informed opinions on my current predicament. I'm in a lot of confusion now because of a few factors. Let me share my story:

I began noticing my hair shed about 2.5 years ago when I started dieting and lost a huge amount of weight (20+ pounds). I'd notice many strands of hair on my hands whenever I try to wash gel out of my hair. This didn't bother me because the concept of hair loss didn't even exist for me back then (picture 1).

I continued my aggressive dieting (no carbs + intermittent fasting wtf) for several months straight and it got slightly more noticeable (picture 2) but noone would have considered me to be balding. I eventually stopped dieting when I'd hit my goal bodyweight and wasn't bothered by any hair loss for a while.

Months later, I signed up for a gym membership to finally push myself to 6 pack abs glory and I took up an aggressive cutting approach (1200 calories a day + Strength training every other day). This was when my hair started to get FUCKED UP (picture 3). My temple shedding was at its most aggressive during the 3 months of heavy gym and cutting. It scared the f*** out of me and I wondered why I didn't just stop to ponder how to stop it back then. Around the time I took that picture, I decided I was at a lean enough condition and decided to eat normally to see if anything would change.

I pushed calories up to 2500 for my bulk phase and wtf, my hair loss just magically stopped. No hair strands when I tugged at my bangs (whatever remained of it). When I was cutting, I could just tug at my bangs and a few strands would fall out for sure. It's been a year after I've halted my dieting and yeah. Still no progression of hair loss. Had a dermatologist check my DHT levels and it came back normal.

It's obvious that the way my hair loss has progressed is reflective of male pattern baldness, and I'm sure majority of the people here would peg me as suffering from male pattern baldness. I don't deny that, but don't people get telogen effluvium instead of receding hairlines when they get too aggressive in dieting?

In 2 years, I've went from a Norwood 0 to a Norwood 3A. This is extremely depressing. I just had a family gathering last week and noticed my maternal uncles all had juvenile hairlines at age 44 and above wtf. My dad and his younger brother are in their 60s and both suffer minor diffuse thinning. They both are pack-a-day smokers for 4 decades already, so could be why. No matter how I analyse it, my situation just logically doesn't make sense to me.

I keep my hair down (Picture 4) all the time now to mask my receded temples (Picture 5). The male pattern baldness hit my frontal tuft pretty hard as well but it hasn't thinned too close to baldness. I've been in this condition for a year and a half now, and refuse to wait any longer. Even medical tests can't tell me what the f*** happened, so I am really considering a hair transplant to restore my hairline. Has anyone went through a similar situation with regards to this peculiar manner of male pattern baldness, and with my current hair, do you think I'll be able to regain dense temples and good hairline?

Please don't tell me to get on finasteride or minoxidil. Minoxidil only has a chance to fatten up my frontal tuft and I'm definitely not taking finasteride when I haven't lost my hair for a year.
Dude if your hairloss is not progressing then minoxidil will help you getting all your hair back
Don't worry and start minoxidil 5% morning and night
I'M 100% sure you'll regrow your hairline back as your dads and uncles and maternal uncles are not bald

seanvandamme

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude if your hairloss is not progressing then minoxidil will help you getting all your hair back
Don't worry and start minoxidil 5% morning and night
I'M 100% sure you'll regrow your hairline back as your dads and uncles and maternal uncles are not bald

You do realise minoxidil is for life right? Any hair gained from minoxidil sheds when you stop applying it. I am seeking a more permanent solution here.
d

seanvandamme

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro, I have the answer to all your questions
So as you know our hairfollicles are attached to the blood veins and because of this blood flow, the hair growth takes place.
So when you started your low carb, low nutritional diet, low omega3 diet, your blood starts starving for the nutrition and as the blood is lack lacking in nutrition..
So now your blood is nutrition-less so the blood which is flowing to your hair follicles is lacking in nutrition and this kept on happening for a year
So just imagine your hair were hungry for nutrition which made them weak and sensitive towards DHT
Also when you used to LIFT weights, high amount of testosterone is produced due to which DHT is also produced....thats why you lost your hair faster.
Bro same happened with me..
I also lost 20kgs in 6months with the help of zero carb diet which fucked up my hair
But one thing you need to know is my uncles are bald so I'm susceptible to male pattern baldness so in my case due to low carb diet my male pattern baldness got triggered and i was losing like 100-150 hairs a day after my weightloss episode.
Now I'M having a receding hairline and I gained 15kgs again
SO THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS NOW I DON'T HAVE GIRLS AND I DON'T THINK I'LL GET ONE IN FUTURE....BECAUSE NOW I'M FAT AND BALD THE WORST COMBINATION FOR A BOY
I FEEL LIKE SUCIDNG

AND ONE MORE THING DUDE... I'M ON FINASTERIDE NOW...BUT STILL WHEN I TRY WEIGHT TRAINING EVEN FOR A DAY....MY HAIR FALLS OUT LIKE CRAZY(100HAIRS)

FUCKED UP LIFE

Dude wtf. Surely you can't be serious when you say lifting weights for a day makes your hair fall. It's a combination of poor nutrition and excessive strain on the body (intense strength training) that pushes our body to shuttle away nutrients from non-vital functions like our hair. My hair loss followed an male pattern baldness pattern so it was definitely DHT at work. I'm not going to give up working out after I've had my hair transplant; just going to make sure I don't do retarded diets and start supplementing with essential nutrients.

Post your photos and get some advice from the other guys on the forum. It sucks to lose hair at our age, but really, the best thing we can do is to plan our road to recovery and take concrete steps forward.

goingMonky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I faced almost similar diffuse hair fall. I was shading fat with aggressive diet plan. One day I sat down and calculated my complete macros. Turned out, I was overdosing on vitamin A, zinc, copper and selenium. These are one of the official trigger of diffuse hair loss. Adjusted the macros and within 2 months hair fall stopped almost completely.

One more thing to know that vitamin A is fat soluble and it'll get stored with fat so when you're burning fat it'll release a lot of vitamin A in blood stream. That'll cause hair fall.