What styling products does everyone use?

Jimmy5000

Reaction score
Just curious what products you guys around here use. Since I started thinning, my hair has become a lot less manageable, shiny, and all those other things that nice healthy hair is.

The only thing I've found so far that I think really helps is Vitatress conditioning volumizer spray. I put that on after I get out of the shower and again after my minoxidil dries. I think it really makes a difference in how my hair feels.

Snidely

Reaction score
styling products

I use Rusk radical cream and Crew fiber. both of these really help to thicken and style my hair

hopewas

Reaction score

i use hairfantastique scheen sculpting gel.. it's excellent and last a long time.. all hairfantastique's other products are sh*t. don't bother with it.. it's useless

The Gardener

Reaction score
asdf

As for shampoos, right now I cycle between Redken Headstrong (a quality body building shampoo and conditioner), Paul Mitchell Shampoo One (a quality mild and gentle shampoo), and Nizoral. The Redken sh*t keeps my hair stronger-feeling. The Paul Mitchell I use on days after I put paste or gel in my hair to keep it clean and remove buildup without adding more.

Occasionally, if I am up late and home alone and my spironolactone and minoxidil have all dried and I have more time to sit around, I'll work a thimblefull of Redken Anti-Snap leave in conditioner into my hair. It is designed specifically to preven breakage in thin hair. It feels greasy when on, but the next morning after showering it out my hair looks and feels fantastic.

For my styling, I usually go for a dry look and just use a cheapass Aussie-something hairspray, very sparingly. When I go for a wet look, I use a dab of Redken Rewind paste which is lighter and more viscous. It just keeps a nice sheen in my hair. If I want a wet look with a little more spikeyness, I use American Crew pomade which is thicker and heavier.

With the exception of the Aussie-whatever hair spray, all of these products are kind of pricey but worth it in my opinion.

Luther007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
COUVRe Gel Mousse----Awesome :D

Unfortunately, they've discontinued it. Right now I use ThickerFullerHair Mousse, but it's not all that great.

NilesTilden

Established Member
Reaction score
I have straight hair. After I 'style' it, I spray on a bit of aqua net hairspray to prevent it going flat.

You gotta problem with that? Well I'm gonna treat you to lunch, and knuckle sandwich is the only thing on the menu!

Sorry, just wanted to use my new 'tough guy' line. :freaked2:

ChiaHead

Established Member
Reaction score
well, for shampoo I use Nioxin shampoo and conditioner. Nioxin is probably the best stuff out there that I have used. Keeps my hair thick, bouncy and shiney! (im not gay, promise)

I used to stand infront of the mirror every morning, maneuver my hair in the right places to cover the most balding areas then use hairspray. But that was before using the Big 3 almost 9 months ago. Now, i just shampoo, condition and im out da doo!!

Cassin

Reaction score
male pattern baldness has turned us into women...........

so anyhoo

I use Aveda Sap Moss spray gel. Great great stuff. A bottle lasts a longtime.

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I use CVS Minoxidil for styling. Once it dries it holds my hair in place pretty good.

nikeaddict

Established Member
Reaction score
i usually just style my hair a little while the minoxidil is still damp, and it dries like that. if i go out to a bar or club, ill trow some random gel on, im waiting for the min grooming creme, sounds better than other gels for male pattern baldness.