What Steps Should I Take? 21.5 Yrs Old

Brian123456

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Brian. I started noticing my thining hair about 1-2years ago. I’m 21.5yrs old. Looking at photos from the time I was 15-17 I can tell my hair was definitely much fuller and thicker. I know I’m thining but I’m not sure how serious it is and what steps I should take. ( styling products, treatment, haircut style, etc) currently my hair is relatively long (for me) haven’t had a cut in about 2 months. I’ll post pictures and would love your feedback. Thank you so much! (Ps, my hair is very fine as well.)

Attachments

• 68220240-6BF1-4A9F-9473-C8DC97AFDEED.jpeg
    68220240-6BF1-4A9F-9473-C8DC97AFDEED.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 361
  • 802BA1F1-88D0-4780-B431-9183E9C20DF7.jpeg
    802BA1F1-88D0-4780-B431-9183E9C20DF7.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 350
  • BA3F72E1-2DE6-46C7-98F4-D1BA58958339.jpeg
    BA3F72E1-2DE6-46C7-98F4-D1BA58958339.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 337
  • 7AE63C52-27FF-4D24-B16C-D604EB770490.jpeg
    7AE63C52-27FF-4D24-B16C-D604EB770490.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 376

Jack Burt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It might have thinned out the slightest but that is normal, you will never have the same hair you had at 15 but that does mean that you will have noticeable hair loss in the near future. Who knows for how long you could have a full head of hair, could be a decade, could be more, could be less.

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It could be starting. You should go to a dermatologist for a professional opinion first

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s definitely male pattern baldness, without a doubt. There’s an evident difference between the density on crown and the back, where it should be similar.

It might have thinned out the slightest but that is normal, you will never have the same hair you had at 15 but that does mean that you will have noticeable hair loss in the near future. Who knows for how long you could have a full head of hair, could be a decade, could be more, could be less.

It’s not normal, don’t spread misinformation which can lead him to regret not taking action earlier.

Jack Burt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No I am not spreading misinformation. I literally went to a dermatologist and that is what he told me. It is normal to not have the same density you had as an early mid teen, I know someone who is sixty and has what looks like a full head of hair, because it basically is. But even he says that his hair has thinned out since he was 30-40. Still, if he told anyone that he was thinning they would laugh. Density and hair quality can change over the years. That doesn’t mean that if you don’t have the same density you had some years earlier that you will be a norwood seven in some years. My father for example remembers a change in his hair quality and density since his twenties. His hairloss became noticeable in his late fifties though.
It’s definitely male pattern baldness, without a doubt. There’s an evident difference between the density on crown and the back, where it should be similar.

It’s not normal, don’t spread misinformation which can lead him to regret not taking action earlier.

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
15 to 21 shouldn't have a difference in density. My cousin hair is still thick in his mid 20s as when he was 18 years old.

This guy clearly has MBP thinning albeit at mild rate for now.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical minoxidil (rogaine, etc.) seems to work very well in the crown, especially if you've caught it early.

Kieran843

My Regimen
Reaction score
Start taking finasteride and stop worrying.

Only use minoxidil if the finasteride alone does not make a difference after a year

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you really want prevention, finasteride. If you’re looking for “natural remedies” just let it be. Eat healthy and get exercise that’s the best “natural remedies” out there.

If you’re scared of finasteride like everyone at the beginning is, let it thin out for a couple years, you’ll see the finasteride light at NW2.5.