What side effects are you feeling when you take finasteride?

kckckc

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all - I'm just about to start finasteride and I was wondering, what are the side effects that you guys felt so far?

I'm most interested in long term side effects, so hopefully we have someone who has taken finasteride for over 5-10 years.

The most common side effects are:

• impotence, loss of interest in sex, or trouble having an orgasm;
  • abnormal ejaculation;
  • swelling in your hands or feet;
  • swelling or tenderness in your breasts;
  • dizziness, weakness;
  • feeling like you might pass out;
  • headache;
  • runny nose; or
  • skin rash.
1. Which of these do you guys experience and have they stopped occuring or did they continue?
2. To those who stopped taking finasteride, did you continue to experience those side effects?
3. To those who took finasteride for more than 5-10 years, did your hairline/crown continue to recede and did you experience any side effects 10 years down the line and once you stopped, did you experience side effects?

shookwun

Reaction score
None.

maintenance, stronger and healthier hair
less acne

kckckc

Established Member
Reaction score
That's really surprising. I heard of people suffering from watery jizz, decreased erections, and some even break out and get depression.

I'm just curious if there are anybody out there that faced the extremes of these side effects.

jk1okay

Reaction score
That's really surprising. I heard of people suffering from watery jizz, decreased erections, and some even break out and get depression.

I'm just curious if there are anybody out there that faced the extremes of these side effects.

I suffered from watery jizz when I tried it 3 years ago. I'm going to try it again now.

shookwun

Reaction score
In the beginning if I'm not mistaken i did experience watery jizz, but over time my body adapted and reverted back to the original volume.

Nice, thick and milky

kckckc

Established Member
Reaction score
I suffered from watery jizz when I tried it 3 years ago. I'm going to try it again now.

How old were you when you tried it? Most derms suggest waiting until 18+

- - - Updated - - -

In the beginning if I'm not mistaken i did experience watery jizz, but over time my body adapted and reverted back to the original volume.

Nice, thick and milky

Lol, did you experience any sort of erectile dysfunction or decreased libido? ****, I'm even worried about sperm count and the chances that this might affect me long term when I attempt to start a family (which is soon)...

jk1okay

Reaction score
How old were you when you tried it? Most derms suggest waiting until 18+

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, did you experience any sort of erectile dysfunction or decreased libido? ****, I'm even worried about sperm count and the chances that this might affect me long term when I attempt to start a family (which is soon)...

I was 19/20. I am now 23. I wish I stayed on it I've lost so much hair since then.

shookwun

Reaction score
No adverse side effects at all, only positive in my situation.

never noticed any difference to be honest.

TinTon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
None so far, but then I don't look at my jizz, makes me queasy...

Dutchie

Established Member
Reaction score
I noticed slightly less sexual interest. But that can be cured by taking Tribulus or Horny goat weed twice daily

TinTon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I noticed slightly less sexual interest. But that can be cured by taking Tribulus or Horny goat weed twice daily

That's true mate, I have been using that high strength '60% icariin Horny Goat Weed extract' long before I started taking finasteride, kicks *** for my libido :)

kckckc

Established Member
Reaction score
I had some at first. But they gradually went away. Just ED. I thought my headaches were caused by finasteride. But it was just seasonal allergies.

Interesting, was it just ED that you were experiencing? How long did it take to go away?

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
21 years old. Been on it for a month. I have experienced no sides at all except for an itchy right nipple for 2-3 days.

Just take the pill and try not to think about it. The odds are on your side.

INT

Reaction score
On finasteride for one month now. What I experienced:

First week: Increase in libido

After second week: DEcrease in libido, watery semen, decrease in semen volume, problems with getting and maintaining an erection, little bit of acne and 2 days where I had extreme difficulty concentrating.

Since a few days it feels like my libido is going up and it is easier to get an erection again. Still not 100% though so I hope I will keep on improving. More experiences from people who had similair sides that just went away after the first month?

Dutchie

Established Member
Reaction score
That's true mate, I have been using that high strength '60% icariin Horny Goat Weed extract' long before I started taking finasteride, kicks *** for my libido :)
You should try adding some good quality Tribulus. That will give the goat weed extra turbo boost.

shookwun

Reaction score
Pseudo-placebo herb effects of peace.

kckckc

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone with 5-10 years of using finasteride can tell us about some of the side effects they experienced in the beginning and whether it helped you maintain your hairline/crown and did the side effects eventually go away altogether?