What should I take into account regarding maintance of a hairpiece?

jan2133

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've considering wearing a partial hairpiece (frontal) soon. But as I'm living abroad for 6 months a year in a rural area. So I want to be self-dependent after the first cut-in. What will the maintance be like? After how many weeks do you take it off to clean it? How often do you shave your head?

Basicly, what does your maintance schedule look like?

J_D_R

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've considering wearing a partial hairpiece (frontal) soon. But as I'm living abroad for 6 months a year in a rural area. So I want to be self-dependent after the first cut-in. What will the maintance be like? After how many weeks do you take it off to clean it? How often do you shave your head?

Basicly, what does your maintance schedule look like?

Will you be styling your hair with an exposed or concealed hairline, and do you intend to have a hairdresser/barber cut your bio hair when it needs trimmed, or are you intending to do that yourself too?

J_D_R

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exposed hairline. I will cut / trim my own bio hair.
I can only speak for myself, but I have an exposed lace hairline, and I struggle to get one week out of it between applications.
I use Walker Ultra adhesive, and it starts to lift and look increasingly shiny the longer I leave it. I just shave before each reapplication.