what should i get from 0.25mg

avi21

Established Member
Reaction score
i'm on 0.25mg finasteride for 2 weeks now (almost) no sides thanks god..
i want to know from someone on 0.25mg finasteride for a long time:
what should i get (do you think i can get some regrowth?) or only maintain...?

thanks

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
According to Bryan, some people were taking up to 90mg of finastride with no sides. Try uping the dose to 0.5 mg and see how that does.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been on 1mg and now 0.5mg for over 2 months and done nothing bar lose hair rapidly so everyone is different. I reduced to 0.5mg because of sides, it heled a bit. If you get no sides after 1 month on 0.25 then you should up the dose to 0.5 or even 1mg which is recommended for full benefit.

G

WorldofWarcraft said:
According to Bryan, some people were taking up to 90mg of finastride with no sides. Try uping the dose to 0.5 mg and see how that does.

Jesus. Imagine if someone took 90 mg of finasteride a day every day. Even if they were using generic Proscar at 5 mg per pill, that would work out to like $6300 a year. :hairy: I think I'd rather take 3 mg a day of dutasteride for $2000 a year and completely inhibit my type II 5AR and 80% of my type I 5AR.

avi21

Established Member
Reaction score
two weeks on 0.25mg it's too soon to say "i'm not having sides with finasteride"?

G

No, it is good a sign. My sides (loss of libido and dark rings under my eyes) appeared immediately after starting treatment.

badday

Reaction score
i m thinking to start 0.25 finasteride daily to . My aim is to slowness the hairloss and i don want chance of side effects. Is there anybody who taking this dose for a long?

abcdefg

Reaction score
.25 has a little less chance of sides. You have a little less chance of getting any of the sides people have said for 1 mg theres a ton of posts about those. Just because the number .25 is normally 1/4 of the regular amount does not mean you have 1/4 the chance of getting sides. The strength of finasteride does not change linearly.