What should I expect from topical spironolactone?

Matt Skiba

Established Member
Reaction score
I just got a hold of some 2% solution from dr. Lee's regrowth company. Combined with the use of xandrox 15, dr lee's shampoo, and alternating xandrox 5% and spectral DNC in the morning I hope to achieve some decent results. I've already been using xandrox and spectral on and off half-assedly for about the last year, and I feel like I've brought back an impressive amount of peach fuzz follicles. I used propecia for 2 weeks and it left me with side effects that didn't fully go away for MONTHS, all is well and that is behind me now though, I would never touch the stuff with a ten foot pole.

So who where has used topical spironolactone? And did you get any results out of it? 3rd party accounts will be appreciated as well.

I've also seen the term spironolactone shampoo floating around the forum. Is this a viable idea?

Also would replacing spironolactone with RU58841 be a viable idea and are there any actual accounts of people using it with success?

Any information will be appreciated.

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
Matt, topical spironolactone has mixed reviews. It looks to work for some people. RU should be the perfect topical antiandrogen, but it is expensive and you have to mix it yourself. Check some threads about the subject. What I suggest is that if you use topical spironolactone, go for the cream. Bryan have posted some article saying that the cream works much better than the solution. Whatever you do, stick with it for 6 months before reassessing the situation.

The best you can do is to use the search function and read posts about the subjects you are interested in. Pay attention to posts from Bryan, Old Baldy and Michael Barry, IMHO

Good luck

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I use the cream spironolactone along with the liquid because the cream is hard to apply where I have good density. Good results. Stops my scalp form feeling sore.

You seem like a nice dickhead. I hope things go well for you. :) hold your head up high and stand strong.

ya dickhead.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
I wouldn't expect any positive results from the 2% - I used it for over a year (no help) and I've never read any positive testimonials.

Any positive results come from the guys using the 5% cream. If you're going to go w/ spironolactone - I'd recommend the 5% over the 2% (even though Dr. Lee says that the 2% should be just as effective).

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been using the 2% and just using more of it. My hair is to thick at this point to use the cream and it just gets all over the hair. The 2% is much easier to apply and stops my scalp from getting sore. I've seen an improvement since using spironolactone. :puke: :) :punk: :innocent: :sleep:

caper0101

Reaction score
I just started using the 5% cream. Too soon to tell if it works. Propecia worked great for me at maintaining my frontal hair line, but had horrible side effects I can't deal with anymore. So spironolactone's taking the place of Propecia, hopefully it works as well. I can really only apply it to the temple area though. It's difficult to apply anywhere with hair, so I think I'll get the 2% for everywhere else.

evildude

Established Member
Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
not much at all
I still dont think there is enough science to back topical spironolactone.

there are a few studies that document its effects. for more details, look at some of bryan's earlier posts on the subject. it has about 2/3 the affinity of dht for receptors. so it will work, but it won't grow back your hair. it'll probably help you maintain.

dr.proctor, for instance, thinks two spironolactone applications a day is about as effective as 1mg of finasteride a day.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
heard some good stories about topical spironolactone

goata007

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had pretty aggressive baldness and always used to have that weired itchy feeling. In my case spironolactone has made my scalp very calm - no itching anymore!

is it stopping my hairloss? I don't know, maybe. I shave my head so I really don't know whats going on other than my scalp feeling much better.

CCS

Reaction score
I'm just warning you guys that maybe some of your sisters should be using nizoral at least. I'd recommend spironolactone shampoo, but that is experimental.

Matt Skiba

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
I'm just warning you guys that maybe some of your sisters should be using nizoral at least. I'd recommend spironolactone shampoo, but that is experimental.

This guy sells spironolactone/nizoral shampoo, but to buy it you have to be a patient of his I guess... http://www.allthingsmale.com/pricelist.html.

Is there anywhere else I can get a hold of something like this or perhaps an effective and proven method of mixing my own ingredients?