What should I do?

Helel

Established Member
Reaction score
So I am a Norwood 2.5. I grew out my hair and did a come over by using bangs from an inch and a half to two inches above my hairline. Today, my hair looks amazing. It looks like I am not losing my hair. I look like a NW0. Seriously, I'm loving my hair today.

The truth is, I am receding from my temples and now my forehead is also starting to get larger little by little. I have a bit of a bald spot on the back of my head as well. It's not really a bald spot but you can see my scalp. The only thing I am using is Rogaine.

My hair right now looks great but I am stuck with a predicament. Do I leave my hair as it is and use Rogaine and hope that my hair stays like this or do I take a risk and get finasteride? Finasteride could give me back the hair I lost and possibly bring back my original hair line but it could also not work at all. There is also the side effects.

What a predicament. What do you do in this situation?

rerun

Established Member
Reaction score
Finasteride probably won't bring back your original hairline, but it could stop it your hairline from rising even higher. The only warning is that initial use of Finasteride may cause your hair to shed before it regrows and improves.

Helel

Established Member
Reaction score
It is really discouraging when you read other threads about how finasteride just made things worse.