What should I be seeing?

hardcastle

Reaction score
Hi all. I've been on Propecia for about four months. I don't want to be one of those guys who doesn't see anything in two weeks and assumes it's not working, but I've heard that you can start to see some improvements in three months, such as less shedding hair or a decrease in scalp greasiness or itchiness. I think I'm losing about as much hair as I did before, and I didn't have unusual scalp conditions to begin with, so I haven't noticed any signs of success. What I have noticed is some slight thinning on my right temple.

Is there anyone out there who didn't see anything for the first few months and then had it work? I could use some reassurance...

Thanks!

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yes man, lots of those people didnt see results till a year or more. Some at 8 mos, others at 6 mos, and others at 3 mos. Im one of the 3 mos guys already with regrowth and lots of thickening. I guess things were easier for me to notice because my hair was VERY thin when I started treatment and things already look alot better for me. I started right during a shed, so maybe that could be the reason why I'm seeing fast results. Just give it time is all you can do unless you want to poney up some $ for a transplant.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
If you look at all the info on hair cycles and sheds then you will reach the conclusion that it takes a minimum of 3 months to see results, not that you should see results in 3 months.

Perrsonally I am just hitting 3 months this or next week and I can't tell if it is helping. I think I am worse than I was when I started, but I think I am also starting to shed less. The haiir I do have, which is just barely enough, does feel better.

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
IMO...the amount of time it takes for people to respond to treatment totally depends on how damaged your follicles are. which is why if you start early theres a better chance of you're a good responder.. but if your follicles have been totally shrunken by DHT , the more time it'll take to recieve their jolt from treatments.