What should have test? (Blood ect, finasteride use)

Libido

Established Member
Reaction score
I´ve been on propecia for over 2 months. No sides. Thought I had watery seemen, but then I realized I have sex and/or masturbate 3+ times a day at the moment.

But then, contrary to the people that totaly freak out when they are feeling a bit tired, im so "macho" I might as well develop a dual penis and then use it as a pickup-line.

What Im saying is I might not allways realize things could be better than they are.
So I figured I might as well do some testing. Blood pressure ect.. What should I test? And what should I look out for? I welcome those of you that dont like finasteride as well to answer.

Thanks in advance.

amsch

Reaction score
Let a Doctor check your hormones:

Testosterone
Free Testosterone
Estradiol
DHT

These are the most important things you can check on a blood-test, i'd say. :)

Libido

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice!

How about when I get the results?
Lets say they tell me my testosterone levels are f*cked up, and I have high levels of Estradiol, should I quit even if I dont notice a change myself? Both my mind and body feels great.

I´ve heard it only get worse when you quite as well, so.. yeah. :lost:
Im not there yet, but figure I should ask these questions right away in case.

amsch

Reaction score
Dont be scared, higher Testo/Estrogen lvl while taking finasteride is pretty normal.

It totally depends on how your body reacts to the changes... If something serious like gyno occurs (and your estradiol is high) i'd stop the drug or do something against the high esto levels (like adding arimidex to your regimen... But i'd suggest quitting propecia).

Good luck, hopefully you dont get any sides!

Ian Curtis

Established Member
Reaction score
You should also have some exam that is related to the liver, finasteride could cause some undesirable liver problems to some people.