What should be studied?? Seem's simple to me...

Sparky4444

Reaction score
OK...so there are a million papers and research threads going...but really shouldn't it come down to this:

On a bald scalp, there are usually a few hairs surviving...why or why is it so hard to take the lone scalp hair follicle and do a complete comparative analysis against a bald scalp follicle?

Why is this so hard?? The scope of our scientific skill as a species should be able to do this in it's sleep...hands down...

why?
why?

:dunno:

abcdefg

Reaction score
This is not really news more like general talk. What does a complete comparison between the two hairs tell you exactly? Trust me if the companies and guys looking at this have not figured out yet its not as simple as it sounds. Maybe someone more knowledgeable though has more insight on this?

Baldie101

Established Member
Reaction score
Too easy!

They don't want you to get all your hair back in one go and stay that way until you die. Noway! They rather have you keep buying their drugs which will help you til you stop taking it, making you part of their money machine. It's a conspiracy. :devil:

You always hear about them finding the cure but they can't bring it out on the market yet since it's not "ready" so they have to do a lot of testing which is probably the phase where they try to make the drug an on-going medication for the patients.

I don't even got anything against that. It's fine, take my money but at least give me 100% guarantee that it will work and make my hair as it was when I was 20. I'm quite sure every bald guy who got problems with this is of the same opinion as me if they had to choose.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
What does a complete comparison between the two hairs tell you exactly?

Not hairs, but follicles where you have hair, and the adjacent area where you lost hair..

...It should be that simple...period...the technology is there, easily...just apply it...why do I have a few hairs left over along my frontal area, and the rest of the area is bald??? Sample them and analyze it...IT SHOULD BE THAT SIMPLE...

psyhotria

Banned
Reaction score
Not hairs, but follicles where you have hair, and the adjacent area where you lost hair.....It should be that simple...period...the technology is there, easily...just apply it...why do I have a few hairs left over along my frontal area, and the rest of the area is bald??? Sample them and analyze it...IT SHOULD BE THAT SIMPLE....
Yes, no problem. And then what? We do not possess a safe tech to genetically modify the affected follicles. On the other hand, effectively controlling the growth process externally (with drugs) is too complex (apparently), because it is phased.

Budskii

Reaction score
Yes, no problem. And then what? We do not possess a safe tech to genetically modify the affected follicles. On the other hand, effectively controlling the growth process externally (with drugs) is too complex (apparently), because it is phased.

Drugs could be used to indirectly modify, who knows.

But they should look minoxidil at a greater detail, why can it bring hair that was f'ed over by DHT back to life? If we knew that, we could work on that

Sparky4444

Reaction score
...my point is that we still don't have a fully accepted model of why male pattern baldness happens...you cant solve something when you don't know how it works in the first place...we have a better understanding now, don't get me wrong, but the full model is not understood...

the fact that male pattern baldness is just that, a pattern, suggests to me that it shouldn't be difficult to map out...the pattern is a clue...

Baldie101

Established Member
Reaction score
...my point is that we still don't have a fully accepted model of why male pattern baldness happens...you cant solve something when you don't know how it works in the first place...we have a better understanding now, don't get me wrong, but the full model is not understood...

the fact that male pattern baldness is just that, a pattern, suggests to me that it shouldn't be difficult to map out...the pattern is a clue...

You know, it just came to me. They could just check the genes of a guy who didn't lose hair and a guy who did. Then do it for many and find the pattern. Just takes lots of data and datamining. Thus they will find out which gene it is. Afterwards they can start making drugs where they affect the gene such that it won't work or it's affect (the hair loss) will be much less than what it is on bald people.

Helios

Reaction score
Was thinking the same about just research the follicle.
Just find it weird that people including me got male pattern baldness after 25-26, after your peek of testosterone thus DHT aswell.

MindoverMPB

Reaction score
We've been mapping the human genome for over a century and are just barely starting to understand its structure and organization. If hair loss is DNA related then we're a long ways away from finding a solution because even if we could identify the specific genes related to male pattern baldness, we have no idea how these genes function or what purpose they serve. Plus I'm sure finding treatments for life threatening diseases or other incurable illness takes precedence over hair loss which is based strictly on looks and nowhere near as urgent.

Even if they identified the gene that causes it there's over 100 trillion cells in the human body and all with DNA so good luck trying to remove them. Our best bet is doing what we've been doing and that's taking stabs in the dark to attack hair loss head on. I doubt we can reverse engineer an exact cure to the problem anytime soon. The only way is to keep trying different methods and building knowledge with only a limited understanding.

Helios

Reaction score
We've been mapping the human genome for over a century and are just barely starting to understand its structure and organization. If hair loss is DNA related then we're a long ways away from finding a solution because even if we could identify the specific genes related to male pattern baldness, we have no idea how these genes function or what purpose they serve. Plus I'm sure finding treatments for life threatening diseases or other incurable illness takes precedence over hair loss which is based strictly on looks and nowhere near as urgent.

Even if they identified the gene that causes it there's over 100 trillion cells in the human body and all with DNA so good luck trying to remove them. Our best bet is doing what we've been doing and that's taking stabs in the dark to attack hair loss head on. I doubt we can reverse engineer an exact cure to the problem anytime soon. The only way is to keep trying different methods and building knowledge with only a limited understanding.

If they can grow an ear on the back of a mouse than growing hair back on your head shouldn't take that long.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
If they can grow an ear on the back of a mouse than growing hair back on your head shouldn't take that long.

yeah..that's my point...MindOverMPB makes some good points, but he, or she, is making it sound like we're still in the dark ages...we might be to some extent, but when we're cloning sheep and growing back body parts, we're not that much in the dark...and seeing as we're talking about a simple hair-freakin-follicle, I mean, c'mon...let's get this done already

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
hair is so complex that...... the cure is so far, prevention better for now
neural/hormonal/stem cells/vascular/inmunity/fibrotic/genetic...etc issues are involved

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is not really news more like general talk. What does a complete comparison between the two hairs tell you exactly? Trust me if the companies and guys looking at this have not figured out yet its not as simple as it sounds. Maybe someone more knowledgeable though has more insight on this?

Well it took researchers years to figure out PGD2 levels were much in balding men.

Hair loss research is at a snails pace. If women suffered from hair loss in the same numbers as men and to the same degree (horse shoe pattarn) you can be sure there'd be a cure by now, theres a lot more sympathy for women than men.

Baldie101

Established Member
Reaction score
Well it took researchers years to figure out PGD2 levels were much in balding men.

Hair loss research is at a snails pace. If women suffered from hair loss in the same numbers as men and to the same degree (horse shoe pattarn) you can be sure there'd be a cure by now, theres a lot more sympathy for women than men.

Let's start whining about equality then :hairy:

Jokes aside. The only reason why it's going at snail pace is because no one is interested in doing this research. The companies aren't doing any research, they are just trying to get more money. That's how it's been for a long time and that's how it will always be. Why make something that will give hair to bald people forever and lose the moneymachine? It's that simple. Money makes the world go round.

The reason why we keep seeing stuff where researchers find something related to baldness and a semi-cure is also simple: They found it by accident.
Look at all the "cures" for hair loss at this time. None are specific researches towards curing baldness, they are all side effects from curing some kind of disease. Then you had the ph.d. guys who had to do something for their research as not to get thrown out of the university for laziness. So they went along with testing it as head crap, on mice of course.

What we need are bald scientists hating they are bald and they want to find a cure for baldness, so they do research geared towards eliminating baldness. It's just that simple. ;)

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Let's start whining about equality then :hairy:

Jokes aside. The only reason why it's going at snail pace is because no one is interested in doing this research. The companies aren't doing any research, they are just trying to get more money. That's how it's been for a long time and that's how it will always be. Why make something that will give hair to bald people forever and lose the moneymachine? It's that simple. Money makes the world go round.

The reason why we keep seeing stuff where researchers find something related to baldness and a semi-cure is also simple: They found it by accident.
Look at all the "cures" for hair loss at this time. None are specific researches towards curing baldness, they are all side effects from curing some kind of disease. Then you had the ph.d. guys who had to do something for their research as not to get thrown out of the university for laziness. So they went along with testing it as head crap, on mice of course.

What we need are bald scientists hating they are bald and they want to find a cure for baldness, so they do research geared towards eliminating baldness. It's just that simple. ;)

In other words: I hate society all the more, not just for their need to put down the bald man for his misfortunes, but also to profit off him.

Dr. Lauster is close, really close to a full out cure. However, so is Tsuji Labs (I like their methods better). Problem is that neither of them are coming out with anything for years to come.

Baldie101

Established Member
Reaction score
In other words: I hate society all the more, not just for their need to put down the bald man for his misfortunes, but also to profit off him.

Dr. Lauster is close, really close to a full out cure. However, so is Tsuji Labs (I like their methods better). Problem is that neither of them are coming out with anything for years to come.

Don't hate the man, hate the crime :hairy:

Lauster is funny looking so he will spend the next 10 years to make it and for people being NW6 it will take more than 3 sessions...aka 15 years.
Tsuji Labs, I knew those Japanese were crazy. Hair follicle regeneration isn't a bad idea. It should be possible as they so nicely tell on their site (I didn't know about them until you mentioned them. Thanks for that. :turned:)

I remember reading 5 years ago about a study that showed that they tried to make wounds on the scalp since they found out that when the wound regenerates it will make the blood vessels, nerves and hair follicles meaning it would go back to baseline as it was supposed to look. While it sounds sci-fi, I can prove that it works.
When I was a kid I used to be allergic to lots of stuff. On my wrists I had some wounds since I kept scratching since it was itchy (well I was a teenager---sue me) and if you look at my wrists now, you won't see the wounds or that I even did scratch but you would see hairs on my wrists where my wounds seems to be. Well, I'm hairy so it should make sense that I also got hair on my arms :p
They later gave it up since it wasn't a treatment people would want to go through. Understandable because who wants to get wounds on your head, several times to get hair again? Btw there was no guarantee that first time would work so you had to do it a few times on the same place.

Still...the waiting time is killing me. I wouldn't care about the price if it was permanent, 100% working for everyone and soon like 2-3 years. :smoke:

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score

Many scientist are affected by male pattern baldness. Dr Lauster is an example.
I think is better think about prevention,..., the cure would come later, if possible

But, who make the research?, ..., research moreover 100% necessary if you would like to find a possible cure

IDW2BB

Established Member
Reaction score
Many scientist are affected by male pattern baldness. Dr Lauster is an example.
I think is better think about prevention,..., the cure would come later, if possible

But, who make the research?, ..., research moreover 100% necessary if you would like to find a possible cure

http://www.aad.org/stories-and-news/news-releases/acne-comes-of-age-earlier
NEW YORK (Aug. 1, 2013) —Dermatologists seeing younger kids facing acne due to earlier onset of puberty

Overview:
For many teenagers, acne has become an all-too-familiar rite of passage. Many teens and their parents brace themselves for this common skin condition, but a growing number of pre-adolescents also are experiencing acne. The reason? Dermatologists believe an earlier onset of puberty may be to blame, causing hormones to trigger the start of acne sooner.

Now, a leading group of dermatologists considered experts in pediatric acne has developed new recommendations for treating acne in children of all age groups, which recently have been endorsed by the American Academy of Pediatrics.¹
I wonder what is causing the "earlier onset of puberty"? I have to believe that for those male kids, that are genetically wired for hair loss, their struggle will also start at an earlier age.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I would agree that baldness research is not really at the top of totem pole in terms of importance and arguably it probably shouldnt be which is a big part of why it goes so slow. CB 03 01 is making progress and if it turns out is a significant improvement over finasteride in terms of keeping hair safely. That is a big step in stopping male pattern baldness just preventing it. Growing hair is a different ball game.