What other Vitamins, Amino-Acids and Minerals...

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Just take a good, well-rounded multivitamin like Centrum or equivalent. No need to get fancy on your supplements, IMO.

GoodGuy said:
can I take in combination with MSM?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
L-Arginine and L-Lysine are good supplements. You should research them.

I take L-Arginine, MSM, Saw Palmetto, and a 1-A-Day Active MultiVitamin.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
L-Arginine supports protein synthesis in the body. It greatly, GREATLY increases your libido because of its Nitric Oxide properties; it greatly enhances your workout; it helps create thicker hair (supposedly).

Type in google.com "L-Arginine and hairloss[hair growth]" and you should get tons of information on it.

I got mine from Better Nutrition (kind of like GNC, but we have more BN's in Las Vegas).

I was recommended Jarrow- Pharmaceutical Grade L-Arginine 1000mg tablets.

I really like L-Arginine, and feel that it does, in some roundabout way, make me have better hair.

IDOASIS

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
Jarrow's Bio-Sil
Cynatine FLX
L-Cysteine
GliSODin

L-Lysine for Hair Growth
Studies involving the administration of the amino acid, L-lysine to those suffering from increased hair loss show a remarkable increase in scalp hair growth.
The co-administration of L-Lysine with known treatments for androgenetic alopecia (male pattern hair loss) such as Rogaine and Propecia results in a significant improvement in the efficacy of the treatment.

L-Cysteine for Hair Growth
The amino acid, L-Cysteine speeds up hair growth and increases hair shaft diameter resulting in fuller hair. L-Cysteine has been reported to facilitate longer hair growth, beyond what is genetically programmed.
L-Cysteine also provides potent antioxidant protection to the hair follicle. Users of topical n-acetyl-cysteine have reported hair regrowth.

hair is 18% L-Cysteine

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Thanks IDOASIS,
I'm going to do some research on L-Lysine and L-Cysteine. I might want to add these.

So, what you're saying is that one of the elements that makes up a hair is actual L-Cysteine, itself?

IDOASIS

Established Member
Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
Thanks IDOASIS,
I'm going to do some research on L-Lysine and L-Cysteine. I might want to add these.

So, what you're saying is that one of the elements that makes up a hair is actual L-Cysteine, itself?

yep :!:
I am ordering it as we speak.

Jacob

Reaction score
I don't know how much..but the Cynatine FLX product contains cysteine. Some more info on it:
Independent tests on rats demonstrated that orally ingested Cynatine FLX activated two important joint antioxidant defense enzymes, glutathione peroxidase (GSH-PX) and superoxide dismutase (SOD). Cynatine FLX increased the levels of GSH-PX, an important joint antioxidant enzyme that needs glutathione to work and is activated in healthy joints.

Cynatine FLX also increased the levels of superoxide dismutase (SOD), another joint antioxidant defense enzyme, which is reduced in damaged joints. This enzyme activation means that Cynatine FLX is not only a strong antioxidant itself, but that it also activates the body’s cellular antioxidant machinery to fight damage to joints.

The same set of tests indicated that Cynatine supports the body’s natural antioxidant processes, shown by reductions in malondialdehde (MDA), a proven biological marker of oxidative stress.

In a separate trial, laboratory testing with human and bovine cells demonstrated that Cynatine FLX stimulated cell growth up to 50 percent faster than control samples.

Cynatine FLX is the world’s first intact digestible keratin extract. Keratin, nature’s richest protein sulfur source, is the polymer-forming protein of which wool, hair and skin are made.

http://www.keratec.co.nz/keratec/cynatine_flx_update/

They do have Cynatine RNU coming out. It's more for skin..and maybe more for our situation. The above product is being pushed for joint health..and is available here http://tinyurl.com/cda4w

On the Bio-Sil:
The superiority of silicon from BioSil™ has been proven in a peer reviewed scientific study comparing three different forms of silicon. The results of the comparative, cross-over, double-blind clinical trial demonstrated that the stabilized monomeric form of silicon (stabilized orthosilicic acid – as found in BioSil™) is far superior to colloidal silica and horsetail extract. In fact, of the three experimental groups, only BioSil™ offered a bioavailable source of silicon; the other forms of silicon (horsetail and colloidal gel) were no better than placebo.

More info:

http://jarrow.com/product.php?prodid=338
http://www.jarrowbiosil.com/

IDOASIS

Established Member
Reaction score
More useful information.

L-Lysine
A United States patent has been issued for L-lysine for treatment of various types of hair loss, including androgenetic alopecia. L-lysine (an amino acid) inhibits 5-alpha-reductase.33

L-Arginine
Hairfollicles use nitric oxide to maintain and promote new hair growth. L-arginine is required to produce nitric oxide.34

http://www.lef.org/protocols/prtcl-019a.shtml

Perfectionist

Reaction score
Great Info !

I've got a botttle of Amino capsules from a body building store ....

It contains 19 Amino's plus Vit C :

L-Cysteine = 3.3mg
L-Lysine = 33mg

It says to take 2-3 tablets a day after meals ..... what dosage of the above do I need to take to see any effect ??

So

Established Member
Reaction score
You can get both of the described amino acids from a protein supplement in powder form also.

Ensure that whatever you do purchase contains a thorough list of amino acids and one which does not contain Creatine.

Because as you would probably be aware there are other amino acids that are essential in the sysnthesis of hair and that are also required to be present in order for the two as depicted in this topic to work correctly.

Volcomander

Reaction score
newbie, here stumbled across this thread. But, what is the issue with creatine?

Also since this thread is old and back from 2006, are L-Lysine and L-Cysteine still good supplements to take?

minoxiDjunkie

Established Member
Reaction score
ive just started on a product,
it has quite a ****ing list i must say,
a list of ingredients that is,
good ingredients.

site, pills and everything looks really really legit, and well - real,
but what can i know more ?

anyway this stuff is called 'hairomega 3-in-1'