What % of men have someone bald in their family. And I mean nw7 bald.

What %

• 0-10

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 10-20

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 20-30

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30-40

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 40-50

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • 50-60

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • 60-70

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 70-80

• 80-90

• 90-100

• Total voters

DominoEffect

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Idk. Having a nw7 grandfather (maternal) is unlucky to hte max so I wanna knwo how many prolly have htat lol

what % would you guess

Last edited:

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will say 50% because the other day I bumped with some people I knew in HS and they are balding severely hard. Their grandfathers/fathers were bald, too, but they never showed any signs until recently. This guy who is probably heading towards nw3/diffusing, before I met with him recently I last saw him in December 2019 and he was a full head, unlike his dad who is nw7. I don't know if the pandemic/isolation contributed to the fast pace of his hair loss but I gotta admit I was shocked, because I started losing in 2019 and I am nowhere near his stage.

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know full heads who have nw7 fathers but they're still under 35 so that might change. I think having a bald maternal grandfather fucks you worse than a bald father.

DominoEffect

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know full heads who have nw7 fathers but they're still under 35 so that might change. I think having a bald maternal grandfather fucks you worse than a bald father.
does having a dad with a good amount of hair but not perfect hairline mitigate a nw7 grandfather u think?

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Moms side raegan genetics, my dad is cul de sac genetics. I want to believe these two forces collided and gave me a stable nw1.5, been a 1.5 since 19.. now 26

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got extremely unlucky. Fathers side all fullheads with thick mature hair lines. Maternal grandfather had even better hair, never seen hair genes like his side and yet I got my hair from my maternal grandmothers side who all have balding males

DominoEffect

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got extremely unlucky. Fathers side all fullheads with thick mature hair lines. Maternal grandfather had even better hair, never seen hair genes like his side and yet I got my hair from my maternal grandmothers side who all have balding males
so what is your hairline because of it.

Do you think the female in most people are responsible for more genes than the father? they say slightly more

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so what is your hairline because of it.

Do you think the female in most people are responsible for more genes than the father? they say slightly more
Your paternal side might define how much 5-alpha reductase your body produces and its activity, and thus your overall DHT levels, whereas your maternal side might define whether your follicles are sensitive to DHT or not, and how sensitive they are, according to several scientific studies. This might be why you see people like Arnold Schwarzenegger whose father was already a NW5 in his mid 40s but Arnie never went bald despite blasting steroids at a time when little was known about them and its consequences.

People with hair loss on only one side of the family tend to have less aggressive hair loss or bald up to a certain Norwood and stop. If both sides of the family have hair loss your situation is much more complicated.