What Norwood Would You Say I Am? And When Can I Expect The Final Results From minoxidil And Finasteride?

Pratyush07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So i consider myself a norwood 2.5 at 19 which totally sucks but since I'm on medication rn it makes me feel better cause in the end at right age i wanna get my hair transplant. So i was just wondering when can i expect the finish/final results from finasteride and minoxidil? Also i didnt suffer from minoxidil shedding does it means it's not working for me??

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
So i consider myself a norwood 2.5 at 19 which totally sucks but since I'm on medication rn it makes me feel better cause in the end at right age i wanna get my hair transplant. So i was just wondering when can i expect the finish/final results from finasteride and minoxidil? Also i didnt suffer from minoxidil shedding does it means it's not working for me??
Closing in on a NW3. So you are correct on your assessment of your Norwood. Definitely, quite aggressive at 19. How is your dad?

Pratyush07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Closing in on a NW3. So you are correct on your assessment of your Norwood. Definitely, quite aggressive at 19. How is your dad?
Bro wdym by closing in on Norwood 3 does it means im already Norwood 3 or i am NW2. 5 still?

Pratyush07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also im on finasteride rn from last 20 days, would it save me from goin into norwood 3 for 5- 6 years?

Mr. Prince

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Looks to me like it's NW2-3 but closer to 2. Hard to say because the quality is not the best. Either way your norwood shouldn't matter. it all depends on how you feel about it. I would personally start treatment if I were you. Receding that heavily at 19 isn't really a good sign for the future.

Pratyush07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks to me like it's NW2-3 but closer to 2. Hard to say because the quality is not the best. Either way your norwood shouldn't matter. it all depends on how you feel about it. I would personally start treatment if I were you. Receding that heavily at 19 isn't really a good sign for the future.
I have already started treatment bro I've been on minoxidil and finasteride from last 20 days.

Mr. Prince

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have already started treatment bro I've been on minoxidil and finasteride from last 20 days.

Nice. I hope it works out for you and that you don't get any sides. Do you apply min to your temples only or all over the scalp?

Pratyush07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice. I hope it works out for you and that you don't get any sides. Do you apply min to your temples only or all over the scalp?
Is it normal to loose more hair than usual after starting minoxidil and finasteride for couple of months? I read it somewhere it's a good sign but idk

Mr. Prince

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it normal to loose more hair than usual after starting minoxidil and finasteride for couple of months? I read it somewhere it's a good sign but idk

From my experience finasteride didn't cause any sheds for me. I just started min so I still can't say anything about that. But from what I heard min shed is more common than finasteride shed. Either way, shedding is a good sign. It means your weak hairs are being pushed out by the stronger hairs.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Bro wdym by closing in on Norwood 3 does it means im already Norwood 3 or i am NW2. 5 still?
NW2.5 like you said. The Norwood scale is based on whole numbers. So you are past a NW2 but not a NW3.