What Norwood stage am I at + how does FPB differ from male pattern baldness?

Light Bulb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ll be heading to a derm sometime soon but I’d like to get some opinions on where I’m at on the Norwood scale. Also, my mom (who has FPB) said what I have is normal and that it should stop soon since she was around the same age I started thinning out and it ended up stopping for her. I definitely feel like that’s not the case for men in general though since we product more DHT.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
NW2 max. Dont even think your quite there yet. Go ahead and go to the derm, they’re going to tell you that you’re fine.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
you arent norwood 2. You are norwood 1.5 max, personally i think youre maybe a little lower than that.

Light Bulb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I get that my hair looks like it’s full, healthy and not thinning whatsoever, but it’s lost a lot of volume and has thinned to the point where if I look in the mirror, I can see my scalp at my widow’s peak. I’m not sure if it’s just a naturally maturing hairline or if it’ll eventually lead to full on balding, but I have been thinning and losing a good chunk of my hair. Here’s a pic from last year. I’m not asking whether I’m going bald or not since that’s what a derm is for, I just wanted to know where I’d be on the Norwood scale since my temples have been thinning out a lot recently.

Last edited: