What Norwood Scale Am I? Worried :(

justry4n

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm 27 years old, soon to be 28 - and I'm worried about my hairline. I've been keeping a constant eye on it, and unsure if I'm just paranoid. I would really appreciate some honest feedback.

1 - I'm typically insecure about the left side of my hairline, I feel it goes back a lot further.
2 - What Norwood Scale am I?
3 - Am I balding, or is it just a mature hairline?
4 - Will it get worse, potential timescales?

Thank you

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know people come here for advise and so on, because it's a hairloss forum, but a lot of you including yourself are asking questions that nobody here could answer or have answers for, at least one that is close to reality or one from where you could get some assurance, here you can get only opinions. Now if you are having advanced hairloss, even a 12 year old with no knowledge about it could say that you are balding, but in the first stages nobody can actually know, everybody is different and patterns differ so much that absolutely nobody could determine how or where it would go from there....

My personal opinions is that you look like Norwood 1.5, seems you have nice hair and i don't really see some clear signs of baldness, it could be just maturing. But in the same time i could be wrong, everything starts with a maturing hairline and not for all of us it stays there. You should track it with photos every 6 months or so and try to notice if something is different, if it passes a certain point, it's clearly balding, or maybe another type of alopecia, being multiple types of it with the most common one in males, androgenic alopecia. And also see how fast it advances, if it stops and stays like in the video for 20 years it's clearly just matured and that's that, maybe you will start having hairloss after 60,70 years more advanced, nobody knows....

Now if you are really worried and want a more accurate diagnosis and see if it's really something to worry about, first you need to look at your families history, dad, his dad, your mom, his dad, brothers of theirs to make an idea about how high are your chances in following the same road and after that you could go to a good dermatologist for a proper analysis of your hair, with a magnifying glass or a microscope or even get a more advanced test, like a trichology test for example, that could spot any signs of miniaturization...

Last edited: