What Norwood Level Am I? Pics Included

Imonly18help

Reaction score
Just wondering what norwood i am, I’ve been receding lately and noticed front of my hair alot thinner than what it use to be, thanks in advance

Attachments

• F8DD8D91-F2D5-4CC0-99D7-F9933DEB635D.jpeg
    F8DD8D91-F2D5-4CC0-99D7-F9933DEB635D.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 918
  • 76FBFDB3-8BD3-41FB-8218-3C7FB6B6CA7E.jpeg
    76FBFDB3-8BD3-41FB-8218-3C7FB6B6CA7E.jpeg
    144.1 KB · Views: 941
  • 53D40C2C-129A-4FA0-953F-9D56F224953D.jpeg
    53D40C2C-129A-4FA0-953F-9D56F224953D.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 881
  • BD31891B-7C4D-4137-B6FA-46202FCF0BCB.png
    BD31891B-7C4D-4137-B6FA-46202FCF0BCB.png
    296.5 KB · Views: 853
  • AD92A01B-B499-41DC-94FF-1CE9971E5ABD.png
    AD92A01B-B499-41DC-94FF-1CE9971E5ABD.png
    391.2 KB · Views: 832

Guido

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you are a norwood 2 ... start finasteride to keep what you have

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Certainly not a NW2. You’re at a NW1 if even that. If those miniaturized hairs were more dense you would literally be a NW0. Your hair quality is very dense and thick. I would not get on any treatments as of now but come back in 6 months and upload new pics to this thread. If it progresses, you should start finasteride, that is if you want a chance of it to halt.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2.5. You're the same as me only much thicker on top. Get on meds now and you'll be good. Those temples will thicken up.

Hate to barge in on your seniority. However, if he's a NW2.5 where TF would his NW1 NW2 lines be if drawn on his head? Lol, hes nowhere near a 2.5, quit tweaking him out.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
NW1 means juvenile hairline. That line is not his juvenile hairline. That line is his mature hairline aka NW2. NW3 is deep temple recession, which is what he's on his way to. Women in general have higher hairlines than men before recession. If your hairline is as high as a woman's that means you've already receded. There is no such thing as a NW0. That is a made up designation on forums.
Mate if you think the line u draw is a norwood 3 i got bad news for you. Norwood 3 means ear level recession. I see this constantly on this forum, ppl misdiagnosing norwood 2s for norwood 3s already. Does it look like ur green line comes even close to his ear? I doubt it.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Partial_Norwood_scale_for_male_pattern_baldness.png

I didn't say he's a NW3, I said 2.5. His thinning area reaches back to about the same area as this. Sorry to break it to you, but you are coping. You are probably a NW4 deluding yourself into thinking you're NW2 LOL
Notice how NW1 has temple points that go straight up. NW2 has angled temple points, but a still rounded temple. Norwood 3 has a more sharply angled temple.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 141357

I didn't say he's a NW3, I said 2.5. His thinning area reaches back to about the same area as this. Sorry to break it to you, but you are coping. You are probably a NW4 deluding yourself into thinking you're NW2 LOL
Notice how NW1 has temple points that go straight up. NW2 has angled temple points, but a still rounded temple. Norwood 3 has a more sharply angled temple.
You are by far balder than me, so don't know why u gotta start about my hair again.
norwood-3.png
NW3

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
you know there exists something as a NW0... your NW1 line is clearly a NW0 lmao. If that is truely a NW1 his NW0 would be in the middle of his forehead. Quit tweaking ppl out.

If you read my post you would know there is no such thing as NW0.

Type I: There is minimal or no recession of the hairline.

Type II: There are triangular, usually symmetrical, areas of recession at the frontotemporal hairline.

Type III: This represents the minimal extent of hair loss sufficient to be considered as baldness according to Norwood. There are deep symmetrical recession at the temples that are bare or only sparsely covered by hair. In Type III vertex, the hair loss is primarily from the vertex with limited recession of the frontotemporal hairline that does not exceed the degree of recession seen in Type III.

Type IV: The frontotemporal recession is more severe than in Type III and there is sparse hair or no hair on the vertex. The two areas of hair loss are separated by a band of moderately dense hair that extends across the top. This band connects with the fully haired fringe on the sides of the scalp.

Type V: The vertex hair loss region is still separated from the frontotemporal region but it is less distinct. The band of hair across the crown is narrower and sparser and the vertex and frontotemporal regions of hair loss are bigger.

Type VI: The bridge of hair that crosses the crown is gone with only sparse hair remaining. The frontotemporal and vertex regions are joined together and the extent of hair loss is greater.

Type VII: The most severe form of hair loss and only a narrow band of hair in a horseshoe shape remains on the sides and back of the scalp. This hair is usually not dense and may be quite fine.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4812885/

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
NW2 definitely. NW2.5 should show rounded corners thinning due to the beginning of the formation of the “island” at the front.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you read my post you would know there is no such thing as NW0.

Type I: There is minimal or no recession of the hairline.

Type II: There are triangular, usually symmetrical, areas of recession at the frontotemporal hairline.

Type III: This represents the minimal extent of hair loss sufficient to be considered as baldness according to Norwood. There are deep symmetrical recession at the temples that are bare or only sparsely covered by hair. In Type III vertex, the hair loss is primarily from the vertex with limited recession of the frontotemporal hairline that does not exceed the degree of recession seen in Type III.

Type IV: The frontotemporal recession is more severe than in Type III and there is sparse hair or no hair on the vertex. The two areas of hair loss are separated by a band of moderately dense hair that extends across the top. This band connects with the fully haired fringe on the sides of the scalp.

Type V: The vertex hair loss region is still separated from the frontotemporal region but it is less distinct. The band of hair across the crown is narrower and sparser and the vertex and frontotemporal regions of hair loss are bigger.

Type VI: The bridge of hair that crosses the crown is gone with only sparse hair remaining. The frontotemporal and vertex regions are joined together and the extent of hair loss is greater.

Type VII: The most severe form of hair loss and only a narrow band of hair in a horseshoe shape remains on the sides and back of the scalp. This hair is usually not dense and may be quite fine.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4812885/

Indeed, it is made up. However, you have to consider that there is a difference between minimal recession and no recession. If someone has absolute no recession and you say they are a NW1, how must they distinguish if they have some(minimal) or no recession... they cannot, therefore your classification system is broken. Thats why people have adopted the notion of a Norwood 0 which simply means, no recession not even to the slightest degree.

Also take a look at your NW2 line, there exists miniaturized hairs in that area aswell, therefore if hes truely a NW2.5 why does hair still exist in prior to his NW2 line.

I understand what you’re saying and you indeed are correct by terms of the 1950’s. However it’s 2020, and people are a lot more precise and a*** about things now a days.

Nontheless, Im not arguing over this anymore. So enjoy your day.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol Aren't you Italian? We are doing pretty good here. Our death rate is far lower than yours.
I ain't Italian, and i was talking about the fact ur dumbass president and the clueless ppl in ur shithole buying weapons now instead of investing in health care.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't even respond anymore now pegasus, ur shithole has soo much to worry about. Please, go deal with ur own problems first and then come back.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh yeah, you're Greek. lmao at a Greek shitting on anyone. I'm surprised you even have internet there. You must be posting from your village's shared computer. Why don't you go get off here and go beg the Germans for your next bailout for your failed country.
My dear USAcel, i am not Greek. But look at your own problems. Ur economy going down the drain, no healthcare to speak of , a retarded president who is likely to get reelected. Why don't u stick ur bald head through a rope right now and just end it already?