Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Norwood 1 with maybe some slight diffuse thinning in the hairline

Lamb123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Norwood 1 with maybe some slight diffuse thinning in the hairline
Thanks for the reply. Maybe there is but ngl the water is bunching the hairs together and making it look worse than it is in reality.

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wet hair can be deceiving, some pictures with dry hair under average and harsh lighting conditions would be better. Healthy hair can look diffuse when it's wet or when you've used products.

I agree with Selb, your hair in these pictures looks like a NW1 with a slightly thin hairline in some particular spots, such as the angle at your two temples and your hairline's centre. Your density is awesome, and the rest of your hair looks very thick and healthy. How is your family history? Any bald or balding relatives from any of the two sides of the family? If you could describe their hairloss using the Norwood scale it would be helpful.

Lamb123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wet hair can be deceiving, some pictures with dry hair under average and harsh lighting conditions would be better. Healthy hair can look diffuse when it's wet or when you've used products.

I agree with Selb, your hair in these pictures looks like a NW1 with a slightly thin hairline in some particular spots, such as the angle at your two temples and your hairline's centre. Your density is awesome, and the rest of your hair looks very thick and healthy. How is your family history? Any bald or balding relatives from any of the two sides of the family? If you could describe their hairloss using the Norwood scale it would be helpful.
Thank you! The only reason I posted a picture of my hair wet is because I have very curly hair so getting the front to show without the curls getting in the way is very challenging haha. In terms of family mother side is mixed (Grandad is bald though) while dad side is full of NW0s lol. I'm already taking Finasteride just to be on the safe side.

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you! The only reason I posted a picture of my hair wet is because I have very curly hair so getting the front to show without the curls getting in the way is very challenging haha. In terms of family mother side is mixed (Grandad is bald though) while dad side is full of NW0s lol. I'm already taking Finasteride just to be on the safe side.
No problem, glad to be of help. You should be set then. Maternal genes are quite important, but the fact that there isn't any hair loss in your paternal family is great. It is stated on some studies that the maternal genes may be related to the scalp's sensitivity to DHT, and determine whether your hair will end up being damaged or not by DHT, whereas the paternal genes may be related to the body's DHT production. This may be why some people with bald fathers such as Arnold Schwarzenegger didn't end up bald despite heavy steroid use at a time when not so much about hormones and steroid use was known, and why people with no hair loss in one of the sides of the family tend to end up in a much better situation. I would suggest avoiding steroid use, lack of sleep and smoking if you can, because your hair follicles may be sensitive to DHT to some extent due to your maternal genetics and that could be detrimental mid to long term, not to mention the other problems they bring up down the line. Amd you may want to get your Vitamin D levels checked too if you can, since low vitamin D may be related to accelerated hair loss, and weakened bones too (This is important for your overall health too, not only your hair).

At your current situation anything other than a custom dose of finasteride for hair loss prevention seems like an overkill to me. Just remember to take pictures and check it every now and then. You could also get a scalp biopsy to see whether there is any miniaturization, that will determine whether you have hair loss or not.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Moron.

Lamb123

My Regimen
Reaction score
No problem, glad to be of help. You should be set then. Maternal genes are quite important, but the fact that there isn't any hair loss in your paternal family is great. It is stated on some studies that the maternal genes may be related to the scalp's sensitivity to DHT, and determine whether your hair will end up being damaged or not by DHT, whereas the paternal genes may be related to the body's DHT production. This may be why some people with bald fathers such as Arnold Schwarzenegger didn't end up bald despite heavy steroid use at a time when not so much about hormones and steroid use was known, and why people with no hair loss in one of the sides of the family tend to end up in a much better situation. I would suggest avoiding steroid use, lack of sleep and smoking if you can, because your hair follicles may be sensitive to DHT to some extent due to your maternal genetics and that could be detrimental mid to long term, not to mention the other problems they bring up down the line. Amd you may want to get your Vitamin D levels checked too if you can, since low vitamin D may be related to accelerated hair loss, and weakened bones too (This is important for your overall health too, not only your hair).

At your current situation anything other than a custom dose of finasteride for hair loss prevention seems like an overkill to me. Just remember to take pictures and check it every now and then. You could also get a scalp biopsy to see whether there is any miniaturization, that will determine whether you have hair loss or not.
Thank you, Extremely informative!