What Norwood Is It When You Are Beyond hair transplants?

whatintheworld

Reaction score
@whatintheworld ; do you have recent pics which show your result ?

No I haven't taken any recently but my crown has definetly filled in a lot from minoxidil. My hairline where I am applying nothing is still diffusing though, so I am thinking of starting min there, but I am not sure yet. I'm using finasteride and minoxidil for 13 months already.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a Norwood 5 diffuse. Here is a picture of my hair before I started any treatments:

Looks better than my baseline. But I buzz it, so can't be sure.

Min has helped improve my crown, I haven't used it on my hairline but I am thinking about it. Finasteride otherwise has helped with maintenance but I haven't got any regrowth.

Just stick with proven treatments for now, try maybe using concealers if it bothers you that much. I wish I could tell you that a transplant would be the right solution but in my opinion it's risky for you dude, due to how your pattern is.

What do you mean "risky"? Is it the losing native-hair thing again?
Sorry man, but it is a bit confusing. I'm not sure if you say its risky because:

1. possible native hair loss/damage
2. continuing thinning which will ruin the transplant long term
3. not enough grafts because of NW5

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Looks better than my baseline. But I buzz it, so can't be sure.

What do you mean "risky"? Is it the losing native-hair thing again?
Sorry man, but it is a bit confusing. I'm not sure if you say its risky because:

1. possible native hair loss/damage
2. continuing thinning which will ruin the transplant long term
3. not enough grafts because of NW5

1 and 2.

3 moreso if you choose to dense pack the grafts.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
1 and 2.

3 moreso if you choose to dense pack the grafts.

Yes but isn't dense-packing them the way to go... long term?
I mean to make it look like a full head, there doesn't seem to be another way but to increase density after the first procedure.

1 and 2 are enough, but only short-term

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Diffuse retrograde alopecia laughs at your Norwood classifications. :(

Can you have retrograde only on the sides? I suspect I may have this.... in a strange pattern. Top of my scalp...super thin, thich area.. and then a thin area below that. It isn't thin the way the hair on the top is.... its different. Sparse, rather than miniaturized. Will post pics in a few days

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
FEEB4496-F6CE-4D63-B7AA-5B75B2053260.jpeg
This guy is the patron saint of hair transplants. Wonder how his crown looks.

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you have retrograde only on the sides? I suspect I may have this.... in a strange pattern. Top of my scalp...super thin, thich area.. and then a thin area below that. It isn't thin the way the hair on the top is.... its different. Sparse, rather than miniaturized. Will post pics in a few days

I'm not sure - I'm not knowledgeable enough.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have your meds reached full effect prior to these pics being taken?

Also, I think that a buzz is a suboptimal look for you.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What makes you say it's sub optimal?
I guess the meds have... Been on finasteride for 20-21 months..

OK, so that's probably your equilibrium look then, barring better treatments coming out.

Longer hair gives the illusion of density.

sisenegonan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have I ever told you the definition of sub-human-ness?

My hair last december 2016.

9pNnP4p.jpg

1Zm5I2T.jpg

Sometimes I feel I should commit suicide.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like I am an NW6 rather than an NW5 and it is game ogre.

I grew my hair out a bit... And got humiliated in the office once just to see what Norwood I am. Feels great to find that I really am irretrievable trash.

Pics uploaded. Please confirm so I can go kill myself.IMG_20171210_105611.jpg IMG_20171210_105718.jpg IMG_20171210_105651.jpg
IMG_20171210_105611.jpg
IMG_20171210_105718.jpg
IMG_20171210_105651.jpg
IMG_20171210_105647.jpg
IMG_20171210_105622.jpg
IMG_20171210_105558.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20171210_105714.jpg
    IMG_20171210_105714.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 253

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like I am an NW6 rather than an NW5 and it is game ogre.

I grew my hair out a bit... And got humiliated in the office once just to see what Norwood I am. Feels great to find that I really am irretrievable trash.

Pics uploaded. Please confirm so I can go kill myself.View attachment 72634 View attachment 72635 View attachment 72636 View attachment 72634 View attachment 72635 View attachment 72636 View attachment 72637 View attachment 72638 View attachment 72639

Doesn't look great, could be a lightning issue though, didn't look that bad in the other pics you posted I think. Almost looks like a NW7 horseshoe. Get some decent photos and judgement from a transplant surgeon.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn't look great, could be a lightning issue though, didn't look that bad in the other pics you posted I think. Almost looks like a NW7 horseshoe. Get some decent photos and judgement from a transplant surgeon.

Yeah.... I'll try posting another pic before I shave the sh*t down today so I can look semi-human again tomorrow.
But really, NW7?

If I go to an hair transplant surgeon, how much do I need to grow it out? Living like this is humiliating