What Norwood am I?

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Feel like I’ve lost ground recently. 26 year old Male, how bad is the situation and would I be a good candidate for a hair transplant with my current hair?

Attachments

• BE62EF92-1D0F-4696-828A-0683A1DC699B.jpeg
    BE62EF92-1D0F-4696-828A-0683A1DC699B.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 352
  • 4B373586-E0ED-4593-A3A5-4FAC1CFD65FC.jpeg
    4B373586-E0ED-4593-A3A5-4FAC1CFD65FC.jpeg
    41.4 KB · Views: 356
  • B4A43C29-D3D0-475A-99CA-9237DFB77882.jpeg
    B4A43C29-D3D0-475A-99CA-9237DFB77882.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 331
  • 1B4AFF6A-686C-4572-AA66-0403608B99D0.jpeg
    1B4AFF6A-686C-4572-AA66-0403608B99D0.jpeg
    59.7 KB · Views: 347

Trompt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How is he norwood 1.5? This is a norwood 2. I am less recessed than him and consider myself as a solid nw1.5

nimayazdani78

My Regimen
Reaction score
But i'm less recessed than him, so i'm a norwood 1?
this guy has widows peaks so by default he has recession and his hair is thick.... i actually think he is norwood1...i saw your hair on the other post you are norwood 1 too.

Stalker14

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are definitely a very good candidate for a hair transplant, but as for which norwood it is, it's hard for me to say for sure. I would say that this is Norwood 1.75.

ninarosshairtherapy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is difficult to tell by looking at the photos. This doesn't seem to be a sign of worry, however, if you're losing more hair than normal, then you can consider visiting a hair doctor.

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How are people seeing a Norwood 1.5? I feel it most definitely going Norwood 3 right now especially on that left side where it’s curving up

Stalker14

My Regimen
Reaction score
How are people seeing a Norwood 1.5? I feel it most definitely going Norwood 3 right now especially on that left side where it’s curving up
Approaching Norwood 2, but it's clearly not even close to approaching Norwood 3. Look at the original Norwood scale on Wikipedia. What you have now has not yet reached the full-fledged Norwood 2.

Trompt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Approaching Norwood 2, but it's clearly not even close to approaching Norwood 3. Look at the original Norwood scale on Wikipedia. What you have now has not yet reached the full-fledged Norwood 2.
Noawadays, if you don't have a teenage hairline, you are automatically Norwood 3 lmao

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Norwood 1.5 or 2, your hair looks very thick, dense and healthy apart from the recession at the temples, so you would probably be a good candidate for a transplant if you ever need one, as long as you don't start thinning at the front and midscalp, or the crown. Then things get harder unless you have a good donor zone, which we cannot see here. I would suggest getting on topical finasteride or 0.5 thrice a week if you're worried about it progressing. It would be great for prevention and it's way less likely to suffer sides if you do that

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Norwood 1.5 or 2, your hair looks very thick, dense and healthy apart from the recession at the temples, so you would probably be a good candidate for a transplant if you ever need one, as long as you don't start thinning at the front and midscalp, or the crown. Then things get harder unless you have a good donor zone, which we cannot see here. I would suggest getting on topical finasteride or 0.5 thrice a week if you're worried about it progressing. It would be great for prevention and it's way less likely to suffer sides if you do that
Yeah I still have density although my hairline is slowly starting to lose ground. It’s definitely not a ‘mature’ one because It doesn’t have that smooth finish. It looks chewed in areas and as though it’s going to progress further.

I’m not that equipped with knowledge on finasteride and minoxidil, obviously never purchased it before so is there anywhere specific I should buy it from? (I’m UK based)

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I still have density although my hairline is slowly starting to lose ground. It’s definitely not a ‘mature’ one because It doesn’t have that smooth finish. It looks chewed in areas and as though it’s going to progress further.

I’m not that equipped with knowledge on finasteride and minoxidil, obviously never purchased it before so is there anywhere specific I should buy it from? (I’m UK based)
Guys used to buy it from the keeps website two or three years ago, if memory serves me right. It's an online pharmacy that hands you an e-prescription and sends you the meds. Dunno if it still exists