What Norwood Am I? - Yes, Another Question

tonyunhawk

Reaction score
If you want to talk it's better to talk here in this forums because here are a lot of young people
who are balding. Doctors and other people will not understand you, I made this experience
a lot of times.

Last blade

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey mate,

Im 21. I live in Scotland as well, i study at Glasgow university.

I can empathise with everything you're saying as i have been there. I started to suffer hair loss at 16. I used to post on these boards alot when i was beginning to really feel the sting. Here is a photo from 2 years ago, i decided to shave my head during the first year of uni:

http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f276/ ... age003.jpg

Let me tell you something you wont hear very often on this forum; the truth.

The hair you have lost is not going to come back. Its gone. The reality is that as you and i are so young, that we will lose more. Of course you can listen to some posters here and go and spend a fortune of a huge cache of drugs (propeica, adovart) which have no real proven success rate, especially with young men with aggressive male pattern baldness. Let it also be known that when i was 18 i started using propecia; unbelievable to think i did in recollection. It done absolutely no good for me at all. I sufferred sexual sides, and i was so desperate for hair that i didnt stop using it for a good 6 months after realising; through practical experience.

I'm also on Rogaine and spironolactone. i've been on rogaine since i was 16. I went to see a trichologist. She gave me rogaine at 16, incredible. Easy money i suppose. As you probably know once you start rogaine you cant stop or the rate of loss on the area of use will increase exponentially. Rogaine and spironolactone may at the very best have slowed down my hairloss but i cant be sure. I am sure that it is still falling out. I would advise you not to bother.

So then; do you ask yourself what are you going to do? do you feel a huge overwhelming sense of despair, as if God himself has reached from the heavens and stolen your very identity? I know i did and to be on some days i still do.

But there is one important thing that i've learned and its the only thing that matters. We're only here for so long. Nobody owes you anything; we are 9 billion on this planet. Your hairloss problem could not be any more irrelevant. Think about the bigger picture. What kind of man do you want to be? Do you want to be a sniviling, self-obsessed picture of vanity? Of course not. Live your life the way you would have done. Your hair makes no difference!!!! it does not define you!!!! Get out there, experiment, experience. Live it!!!!

Dont waste your time on these forums!!! The only thing stopping you getting what you want is your attitude not your hair.

tonyunhawk

Reaction score
Last blade said:
But there is one important thing that i've learned and its the only thing that matters. We're only here for so long. Nobody owes you anything; we are 9 billion on this planet. Your hairloss problem could not be any more irrelevant. Think about the bigger picture. What kind of man do you want to be? Do you want to be a sniviling, self-obsessed picture of vanity? Of course not. Live your life the way you would have done. Your hair makes no difference!!!! it does not define you!!!! Get out there, experiment, experience. Live it!!!!

Dont waste your time on these forums!!! The only thing stopping you getting what you want is your attitude not your hair.

Hi,

I have to say there is some truth in it.But I don't think that someone will lie to him.It is
realistic that he could have a certain amount of regrowth on rogaine combined with
avodart for example or proscar. I think that it maybe would make him feel better, and he could
cut it very short. That is an opportunity.

The "sides" of finasteride are for about 98% of the guys who are using it just not existing.
I will not say that you didn't get them but the chances are ultra low that some random guy will
have problems. That is the truth I don't buy anything else.

spironolactone is s.th. totally different and I don't think that someone should use it against hairloss,
because it's too dangerous but when s.o. makes this decision I would not blame him.

Rogaine with 16 is ok because it's used only external.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Last blade said:
...drugs (propeica, adovart) which have no real proven success rate

This is just plain wrong. Propecia and rogaine have proven their success on countless people - just go over to the success forums to check it out.

You have nothing to lose so why not try the meds? Don't expect a miracle, but seriously, if you're going to lose it anyway why not try it. Plus rogaine foam is super easy to apply to a shaved head, just rub it all over.

Some people it works, some it doesn't, it's a toss up. But if you start you gotta stick on it for 6-12 months, no matter what. Just because it didn't work for one person doesn't mean it won't for someone else.

You're young and you still have lots of healthy roots, you might be truly shocked at what a steady dose of propecia and rogaine can do for you. I've seen people come back from worse.

Oh and also, I'd kill for your head shape- if you shave it and get a tan you'll be good to go man, don't worry about it.