What Norwood Am I? Has It Gotten Worse?

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
The photos that are censoring my face in white were taken today. The other ones were taken 1-2 years ago.

I’ve been on finasteride for over 2 years and I feel I’ve mostly maintained (visibly). But I still feel like my hair has gotten thinner or receded a bit. I’m more of a diffuser than a receeder.

What norwood would you say I am and does it seem to have maintained are gotten worse?

I may make a full update on my main story post soon

Attachments

• B0CFE4FE-B2FF-4FF5-9241-38631C5BD945.jpeg
    B0CFE4FE-B2FF-4FF5-9241-38631C5BD945.jpeg
    31.3 KB · Views: 405
  • 2E6513D3-4CA6-43E5-80E5-032A0D5DA827.jpeg
    2E6513D3-4CA6-43E5-80E5-032A0D5DA827.jpeg
    28.4 KB · Views: 377
  • EAEEAF27-B444-4E3A-A3DE-17BFFB591A45.jpeg
    EAEEAF27-B444-4E3A-A3DE-17BFFB591A45.jpeg
    35 KB · Views: 362
  • C4677ADF-5C2E-45D2-AC03-6CD94DF1510C.jpeg
    C4677ADF-5C2E-45D2-AC03-6CD94DF1510C.jpeg
    31.1 KB · Views: 349
  • EA2FED43-E7BF-4E85-BFDA-591A0A84D068.jpeg
    EA2FED43-E7BF-4E85-BFDA-591A0A84D068.jpeg
    43.1 KB · Views: 366
  • BF7302D8-F0E1-4D57-8757-88FE5CFDDAD3.jpeg
    BF7302D8-F0E1-4D57-8757-88FE5CFDDAD3.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 333
  • 9C5A4B23-B1ED-4189-B7DB-BBA910035FE4.jpeg
    9C5A4B23-B1ED-4189-B7DB-BBA910035FE4.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 338
  • 5EAB67B6-93D4-4924-818D-10CE987E652D.jpeg
    5EAB67B6-93D4-4924-818D-10CE987E652D.jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 363

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
These two photos were taken about 2 years apart. Left one being today. I believe my hairline has thinned, but is it enough to be concerned about or should I continue to maintain this hairline for plenty of years?

You can use the freckle on the left side of my hairline as a reference point, although I think the right side is thinning more

Attachments

• F48732D1-D424-4E45-96CE-AF8D20960D28.jpeg
    F48732D1-D424-4E45-96CE-AF8D20960D28.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 282

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea. I would say for 2 years of time you are holding up pretty well.

I am considerably similar to you and my take on it is that... if only that much is lost in 2 years on a proportionate level, with the same regime, I will never go bald. If it gets worse/accelerate around 5/6 years a transplant is always an option along with odds of better treatments.

Therefore, I would stick to the same (current) regime for consistency and simplicity reasons.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea. I would say for 2 years of time you are holding up pretty well.

I am considerably similar to you and my take on it is that... if only that much is lost in 2 years on a proportionate level, with the same regime, I will never go bald. If it gets worse/accelerate around 5/6 years a transplant is always an option along with odds of better treatments.

Therefore, I would stick to the same (current) regime for consistency and simplicity reasons.
Thanks, I was thinking the same in regards to slight loss. I see people who have been on finasteride for 2 years and are freaking out over a virtually undetectable loss.

I have BDD (as we all do) so it’s difficult for me to assess it accurately so I just need you guys to give me honest opinions on how it’s progressed.

what norwood would you say I am?

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, I was thinking the same in regards to slight loss. I see people who have been on finasteride for 2 years and are freaking out over a virtually undetectable loss.

I have BDD (as we all do) so it’s difficult for me to assess it accurately so I just need you guys to give me honest opinions on how it’s progressed.

what norwood would you say I am?
Of course.

Hard to say your Norwood, I do not think you ever had a perfectly straight hairline. I would put you somewhere between NW2-2.3 if I had to choose.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
You’ve lost a little ground, but that’s to be expected. Its working.
Do you think I should step up my regimen? Maybe add dutasteride? I don’t want to be looking back 2 years from now a full norwood further

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think I should step up my regimen? Maybe add dutasteride? I don’t want to be looking back 2 years from now a full norwood further

Dutasteride is definitely superior in studies and shows pretty much the same percentage as finasteride in sexual problems, i personally got the short of the end stick on dutasteride and experience weak orgasms. It's worth a shot imo. Mental sides are more likely of course, but i don't get any.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are holding up pretty good. Your hair line may be little bit less dense, but it could be due to styling/lighting/other factors.

I would say stick with finasteride for another year. Many have freaked out over slight hair loss while being on finasteride, only to start taking duta and loosing significant ground. I am not trying to scare you from duta, but thats what I've seen on the forum. They still maintain their hair on duta though (after the loss of ground of course).

edit: I just noticed the white ink photo is the latest and the black one is old. You are not only maintaining but improving as well. Your hair line got denser. Dont change anything, stick to finasteride.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are holding up pretty good. Your hair line may be little bit less dense, but it could be due to styling/lighting/other factors.

I would say stick with finasteride for another year. Many have freaked out over slight hair loss while being on finasteride, only to start taking duta and loosing significant ground. I am not trying to scare you from duta, but thats what I've seen on the forum. They still maintain their hair on duta though (after the loss of ground of course).

edit: I just noticed the white ink photo is the latest and the black one is old. You are not only maintaining but improving as well. Your hair line got denser. Dont change anything, stick to finasteride.

you think there’s density improvement from then to now? It could certainly be the lighting but that looks like hairline density loss to me... nothing significant, a good sign of slowing/stabilization.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you think there’s density improvement from then to now? It could certainly be the lighting but that looks like hairline density loss to me... nothing significant, a good sign of slowing/stabilization.
Check the photo down below. The white one is recent. His hair line appears fuller in the recent photo, but it may be due to lighting.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 190

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t think I’ve seen improvement. Also, my main problem is crown thinning and general diffusing which seems to be *visibly* stabilized although I think my hair feels thinner.

As long as this amount of loss in two years isn’t significant and it seems like finasteride is working, I’m okay with that. I’m 24 now, I just really hope to make it to 30 with decent enough hair.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t think I’ve seen improvement. Also, my main problem is crown thinning and general diffusing which seems to be *visibly* stabilized although I think my hair feels thinner.

As long as this amount of loss in two years isn’t significant and it seems like finasteride is working, I’m okay with that. I’m 24 now, I just really hope to make it to 30 with decent enough hair.
6 years is a long time for new treatments. And with a hair transplant I’d say you can make it to 50 with decent hair.

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hows your sexual situation? Same libido levels / boners quality? Do you take any supplements for that?

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hows your sexual situation? Same libido levels / boners quality? Do you take any supplements for that?
Nah no issues at all. I may have slightly lower libido but nothing noticeable at all. I think a lot of those sides are mental to be honest

We have a very similar hair loss,mine is worse than yours by a little. I don't see any difference whatsoever in the two year pics.

How much do you shed?
I’m constantly shedding. I’ll find hairs on my shirt or feel one on my neck all the time. But even the people with the best long term successes say they never stopped shedding.
My issue isn’t the hairline though, it’s the overall diffused thinning which is actually pretty noticeable in the back if my hair isn’t set right

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well hair does not get better as you age.

Finasteride isn’t enough by itself to COMPLETELY halt hairloss for many men. In most men, it simply just slows the process down.

Does it suck that you’re still thinning, certainly. Be grateful that you’re the only one that notices the thinning though, and that’s thanks to finasteride.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are holding up fine mate - maybe even slight thickening but definitely not worse than when you started.

Keep on with your regime, there is no need to change it up.