What Norwood Am I And Do My Temples Look Normal

Randomguy02

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So just a quick update. I went back to the dermatologist who I saw before who did a the scalp biopsy, who then answered some questions and did another quick visual examination. I got them to explain the biopsy results in more detail, which had apparently showed normal numbers of terminal hairs, however with abnormally high numbers of telogen hairs. This biopsy was from the crown, three months ago now. This result they said could be very early male pattern baldness (listed as the differential diagnosis), however they said it was far far far more likely to be Telogen Effluvium based on those results due to the lack of miniturized hairs in that spot. So they said they are pretty confident I have mild Telogen Effluvium, which has been likely perpetuating due to my stress over hair loss.

So, at this point should I still try to find a hair loss doctor to do a minituriztion study? Or is it not worth it at this point.

I am still a little worried about my crown though despite this. Does this look normal to you guys? Or in line with what the dermatologist said that its likely mild Telogen Effluvium if anything?

20190607_084043.jpg

Randomguy02

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry the bother people again, but I keep worrying about the fact I keep finding these thinner hairs among those I am shedding. I have read these could ne signs of early balding, but the dermatologist I saw said to not worry about it. Most of the hairs seem normal thickness, but it is still scaring me a lot. Is it normal for some hair strands to be thinner than others? Should I be concerned? This is really scaring me.

Randomguy02

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have two new pictures that worry me. I know I should. Just try to relax and trust the dermatologists I saw, but the shedding I experienced before has started to pick uo again and I am getting quite scared again.

8508.jpeg 20190618_151155.jpg

Sseoud86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If your so worried jump on a low dose of finasteride like .25 to .5 and your anxiety should eleviate. Atleast your doing something to prevent future loss and it may thicken back up.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Really? My hairline is still only 2.1 to 2.2ish inches (three finger widths) from my eyebrows? Is this just a maturing hairline or should I be concerned that its male pattern baldness?

I am really worried about this. I started using a dermiroller this week so hopefully that will help. How much worse does it look compared to older pictures

It's not high, but there's no way that's only 2 inches. Put a ruler up and take a picture.

You have a little bit of temple recession and some thinning at the crown. No telling how bad it will get, but you're likely to develop a bald spot on the crown at least.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This was from a year ago. Given his age and lack of posting on this site I take it he’s maintaining fairly well. Thats also a pretty normal looking crown to me. Mine is definitely worse.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're right. I wish people wouldn't bump these old threads. If your crown is worse than that you've got problems. You couldn't scalp anywhere on my head at that age.
I mean I did post pictures of my crown and if I recall correctly you said it was fine and not considered “balding”. The crown does visibly look like the thinnest area of any persons head and realistically his crown looks good. You cannot see any scalp and you can tell his hair type is thin/fine. I strongly hold the position that his crown is normal.

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Chill! You still have great hair. Your face is too hidden and and I can make further analysis. You have to send me pics on pm with your face showing and I can tell by your cranofacial features whether you will be bald or not.