What New Treatment Is Likely To Be Released Next?

jd_uk

Reaction score
Is it Breezula, or something else?

The last i heard Breezula was supposedly likely to be available in 2022 (still some time away) and I'm not sure if the last stage of trials were considered to be disappointing? I know some people here make their own CB but the prices seem crazy ($10 a day or $3600+ per year)...

I've also heard talk of SM04554..is this considered more promising and is the release date even further off?

jd_uk

Reaction score
Clascoterone comes out this year, so you can get that off-label for hair loss. After that it's probably Follica, and then maybe SM over the next few years. Tsuji, Tissuse, and hairclone are wildcards. Tissuse is the one to really watch as Tsuji will be too expensive. Hairclone is closer to replicel, and I don't expect too much from them.

Clascoterone is the acne version yes? Is it going to be the correct dosage and delivery method? What sort of time this year is that likely to be available and how good do you think it is for keeping hair long term?

Is follica likely to be an effective treatment? Not heard much about it.

Seems like there is actually some hope fir new treatments fairly soon then..

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Clascoterone is the acne version yes? Is it going to be the correct dosage and delivery method? What sort of time this year is that likely to be available and how good do you think it is for keeping hair long term?

Is follica likely to be an effective treatment? Not heard much about it.

Seems like there is actually some hope fir new treatments fairly soon then..

I think the idea is that once it's available as an acne medication some people may be able to get a script to have it compounded at a higher concentration for their hair loss. Not sure if that'll be cheaper than buying it from China like people are doing now though

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Applied biology planned to release their minoxidil non-responder shampoo.

jd_uk

Reaction score
I think the idea is that once it's available as an acne medication some people may be able to get a script to have it compounded at a higher concentration for their hair loss. Not sure if that'll be cheaper than buying it from China like people are doing now though

Ok that sounds ridiculous and pretty disappointing. I guess it's a case of waiting for breezula in 2022 then.... if it's particularly effective even?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok that sounds ridiculous and pretty disappointing. I guess it's a case of waiting for breezula in 2022 then.... if it's particularly effective even?

Might as well just get RU now. It's more potent than CB, and is readily available for little money. If you're looking for something better than what we have access to now it's going to be a long time unless hair multiplication comes through for us in the next couple years, but that's going to be very expensive.

ComeBackTemples

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Applied biology planned to release their minoxidil non-responder shampoo.

I asked them about the release date - unfortunately no answer. Hope it soon comes out, definitely something worth a try and should not be too expensive

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The only issue is Clascoterone 1% is what will be released first. And what showed improvement in hair loss was a 5% dosage. Possibly some dermarolling and 1% would be beneficial though? Guess we'll find out.

The Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) action date is August 27th 2020. I believe this means the FDA has until then to review the drug. If all is well, it can start manufacturing for prescriptions.

jd_uk

Reaction score
The only issue is Clascoterone 1% is what will be released first. And what showed improvement in hair loss was a 5% dosage. Possibly some dermarolling and 1% would be beneficial though? Guess we'll find out.

The Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) action date is August 27th 2020. I believe this means the FDA has until then to review the drug. If all is well, it can start manufacturing for prescriptions.

Hmm, thanks, that is interesting. In relation to the 5% version do you understand/know how effective it seems to be? I remember reading mixed results..some people saying the latest results had been disappointing and wouldn't maintain hair. Ideally we'd have something that keeps hair as well as finasteride but without internally altering hormones.

jd_uk

Reaction score
It means we're fucked man Ive been here since 2015 and Ive been hearing people say since then Dont worry guys next year we are cured by replicel !

now its 2020 and replicel is NOTHING and we have NOTHING

Oh i have no faith in cures like cloning etc anytime soon.. I'm simply asking about progress on the release of new topical statements like breezula (if it is even that effective).

jd_uk

Reaction score
Might as well just get RU now. It's more potent than CB, and is readily available for little money. If you're looking for something better than what we have access to now it's going to be a long time unless hair multiplication comes through for us in the next couple years, but that's going to be very expensive.

Can you expand on the 'it's more potent than CB' or point me in the direction of some reading material on that? I've visited these forums off and on for many years now and i remember 9-10 years ago people talking about RU (and possibly even CB). I believe there is some concern over the safety of RU ...possibly cardiac stuff ... also can't it sytemically affect hormones like finasteride? I had a heart condition when younger so wouldn't even consider somethinh that could affect the heart.

jd_uk

Reaction score
https://moreplatesmoredates.com/cb-03-01-review/#binding_affinity_of_cb-03-01_vs_ru58841

RU was shelved due to finances. The efficacy was there, and there were no safety concerns discovered in the clinical trials. There simply wasn't enough money to be made for anyone to be interested in it at the time. The one guy who claimed to develop heart failure was most likely a troll. I'd be more worried about minoxidil if I had heart issues.

I don't really understand or necessarily believe this. A topical antiandrogen that is effective for hair loss and doesn't cause side effects and there's supposedly no money to be made from it?

You say that RU doesn't show system effects...can it go systemic? Oh and how much roughly would RU be per month and where do people get it?

Safety wise CB seems preferable... i think about things like fertility and even how it could affect others like a partner if it rubs off on bedding, sofas etc...so anything which can't go systemic is great. But those 12 month CB results really don't seem too promising if after just twelve months results fall below baseline (and quite substantially it seems if only used once per day).

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
You guys need to give up hoping and move on with your lives. Sadly I used to be glued to the forums, hoping and waiting. Every year, a new hope, a new product. Every year, disappointment and more disappointment. I maybe come here once a month now just out of curiosity. Guess what? I just see history repeating itself. It’s been happening on these forums probably since 2000.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys need to give up hoping and move on with your lives. Sadly I used to be glued to the forums, hoping and waiting. Every year, a new hope, a new product. Every year, disappointment and more disappointment. I maybe come here once a month now just out of curiosity. Guess what? I just see history repeating itself. It’s been happening on these forums probably since 2000.
yea Im already booked for my hair transplant man f*** this sh*t lol