What Kind Of Hair Loss Is This? (pics Included)

keyer333

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I am at the age of 30, i had rapid hair loss for about 1 1/2 years.

I am assuming i have DUPA or retrograde Alopecia

I want to get an hair transplant but not sure if i a good candidate

I am on no medication as im scared on side effects, i tried stem cell once.

Please advice me, thanks
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You think those patches are purely from a bad cut?
I dont know, but you are thinning badly on top. It looks like a horse shoe pattern, which is androgenic alopecia. If you don't get on finasteride or seti, you will be bald soon lol. Can try minoxidil too, but it doesn't stop thinning process.

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If the back and sides are thin and whispy, its probably just whisker hair. It can accompany male pattern baldness.

keyer333

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks for all the input

I dont mind getting on finasteride but am really afraid of side effects, i will be getting a blood test done next week to see if everything is ok in that aspect.

Do you guys think an hair transplant is a good thing for me, i think my donor area is ok. i was thinking of waiting atleast another year to see how bad it gets.

Again thanks to everyone for there feedback, this was my first time posting

Hairs45

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you cant get a hair transplant if you dont use finasteride because you will keep losing hair and your hair transplant will be a failure.

keyer333

My Regimen
Reaction score
i guess its time to get on finasteride. just really afraid of the side effects but wont know till i try i guess

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks for all the input

I dont mind getting on finasteride but am really afraid of side effects, i will be getting a blood test done next week to see if everything is ok in that aspect.

Do you guys think an hair transplant is a good thing for me, i think my donor area is ok. i was thinking of waiting atleast another year to see how bad it gets.

Again thanks to everyone for there feedback, this was my first time posting

Your donor is fucked hair transplant is never an option for you

ghost27

My Regimen
Reaction score
Try finasteride for a year see how you get on if that is no good, then you should consider getting a hair transplant, ignore the people saying your donor area is not that good I think it’s fine you’ll be alright